• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The fight against GMOs could spark an armed revolution

Freedom1Man

http://topinfopost.com/2013/06/24/eco-revolution-gmo-crops-torched-in-america?fb_source=pubv1

Though the controlled corporate media apparatus is suppressing the story, 40 tons of GMO crops were torched, prompting an FBI investigation. There has been a COMPLETE MEDIA BLACKOUT, outside of local circles has dared to mention it, perhaps because government fears that if the public learns that other people are getting fighting mad (literally), they might join in, and become an actual revolution. It was only reported locally live on KXL Radio and echoed by the Oregonian, where the ONLY web mention exists, hard to find because the headline wording is carefully avoids the most likely keywords for a search.

Here’s what happened — 40 Tons of GMO Sugar Beets were set ablaze in Eastern Oregon, yesterday. FORTY TONS — the entire acreage of two full fields of crops IN THE GROUND were set ablaze over a THREE NIGHT PERIOD OF TIME. That means ARSON.

Check link for the rest of the story.

Freedom1Man

Stupid question of the day? What is a GMO crop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A GMO crop is where some Dr Frankenstein types have decided to insert foreign DNA into a plant. The DNA can come from any other source such as; bacteria, animals, humans, other plants, anything that has DNA.

I rather hope that Nightmare enjoys the new sterilization GMOs that make whom ever eats it unable to reproduce.
No, it's not a personal attack, it's an attack on anyone who would WANT to knowingly/voluntarily eat GMO foods.

eye95

Hmmm....It sounds like time to apply the thirty-year rule. If something has been in use for thirty years, you can be pretty danged sure you know its unintended consequences. I don't take any drugs that have not been in use for thirty years (unless I am desperate to save life or limb; other risks would pale by comparison). I should start applying the same rule to foods. If a food has a particular genetic enhancement that hasn't been around for thirty years, I should avoid it.

However, this all implies truth-in-advertising. To me, it is a lie if they call something "corn," but it is not genetically the same as what has been commonly accepted as corn for a long period of time, say thirty years.

Ca Patriot

The studies I have read so far indicate there is nothing wrong with GMO's. In fact, genetically modified food as been produced and eaten for about 8,000 years.

Life expectancy in America goes up every year and people are eating more and more GMO's.

There will be no armed revolution over GMO's haha

Freedom1Man

The studies I have read so far indicate there is nothing wrong with GMO's. In fact, genetically modified food as been produced and eaten for about 8,000 years.

Life expectancy in America goes up every year and people are eating more and more GMO's.

You're referring to selective breeding. Selective breeding is not Genetic Modified (not Manipulated like Nightmare claims) Organism.

So, if you enjoy eating plants that produce pesticides from the inside out, then by all means enjoy your GMO foods.
If you enjoy food that are so toxic that nothing else wants to eat them so they will never rot. Think a tomato at room temperature not rotting for 10 years,

[video=youtube_share;7i8ZMFJG3wE]http://youtu.be/7i8ZMFJG3wE[/video]

Freedom1Man

Hmmm....It sounds like time to apply the thirty-year rule. If something has been in use for thirty years, you can be pretty danged sure you know its unintended consequences. I don't take any drugs that have not been in use for thirty years (unless I am desperate to save life or limb; other risks would pale by comparison). I should start applying the same rule to foods. If a food has a particular genetic enhancement that hasn't been around for thirty years, I should avoid it.

However, this all implies truth-in-advertising. To me, it is a lie if they call something "corn," but it is not genetically the same as what has been commonly accepted as corn for a long period of time, say thirty years.

Something we can generally agree on.

Ca Patriot

You're referring to selective breeding. Selective breeding is not Genetic Modified (not Manipulated like Nightmare claims) Organism.

So, if you enjoy eating plants that produce pesticides from the inside out, then by all means enjoy your GMO foods.
If you enjoy food that are so toxic that nothing else wants to eat them so they will never rot. Think a tomato at room temperature not rotting for 10 years,

science isn't on your side.

mobiushky

No, what they really need to do is go back to the time when water was wasted because crops were not efficient at utilizing the water. And when much of the crops died due to pests and other problems. We need to go back to the inefficient time when crop yields were lower and it took more land to produce food. [/sarcasm]

GMO is not by default bad. It can produce foods that are more drought resistant, more pest resistant, more efficient at using available water sources in general make better food with fewer resources. The alterations are not ALL such that the crop is no longer "corn" or whatever crop du jour you want to demonize. Likewise, it's not always a beneficial thing as well. But the blanket knee jerk anti-GMO mindset is too much.

If we did not advance crop technology, we would all starve. Farm lands are being reduced every year and it is only because of advancements in seed technology and crop farming that we can maintain a viable food source with smaller and smaller acres of cropland every year.

eye95

Unless you cite them, they don't exist.

I'll bet folks who dislike GMOs can cite studies that say the increase your chance of cancer or manboobs.

I'll stick to my thirty-year rule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Freedom1Man

No, what they really need to do is go back to the time when water was wasted because crops were not efficient at utilizing the water. And when much of the crops died due to pests and other problems. We need to go back to the inefficient time when crop yields were lower and it took more land to produce food. [/sarcasm]

GMO is not by default bad. It can produce foods that are more drought resistant, more pest resistant, more efficient at using available water sources in general make better food with fewer resources. The alterations are not ALL such that the crop is no longer "corn" or whatever crop du jour you want to demonize. Likewise, it's not always a beneficial thing as well. But the blanket knee jerk anti-GMO mindset is too much.

If we did not advance crop technology, we would all starve. Farm lands are being reduced every year and it is only because of advancements in seed technology and crop farming that we can maintain a viable food source with smaller and smaller acres of cropland every year.

Where is your proof that GMOs are drought resistant? Where is your proof that they are safe?
Prove that GMO crop yields are in fact higher than selectively breed non-GMO crops.

Unless you're okay with eating human DNA.
GMOs cannot be sold as organic.
GMOs are patented because they are artificially created in a laboratory. GMOs are linked to colony collapse disorder in honeybees.
GMOs are causing the increased spraying of pesticides into the environment.

Understand the selective breeding is NOT GMO and GMO is NOT selective breeding. GMO is taking a virus and bits from animals and then firing all the bits in to a plant (or animal) cell and getting it to reproduce. Think using a shotgun loaded with number 9 shot being use to make a precision shot and only hitting the target in the one place you intended to at 50 yards with an open choke. That is how the genes are inserted into the plant DNA.

http://www.gogreennation.org/2013/0...icide-after-using-genetically-modified-crops/
Shankara, like millions of other Indian farmers, had been promised previously unheard of harvests and income if he switched from farming with traditional seeds to planting GM seeds instead.

Distressed: Prince Charles has set up charity Bhumi Vardaan Foundation to address the plight of suicide farmers

Beguiled by the promise of future riches, he borrowed money in order to buy the GM seeds. But when the harvests failed, he was left with spiralling debts – and no income.

http://www.gmfreecymru.org/news/Press_Notice16Feb2007.htm
Press Notice from GM Free Cymru. 16th February 2007

A secret feeding study of Monsanto GM potatoes, conducted in 1998 by the Institute of Nutrition of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and suppressed for 8 years, showed that the potatoes did considerable damage to the organs of the rats in the study (1) (2). In comparison the rats in the "control groups" which were fed on normal potatoes or on a non-potato diet were healthier, and had much less organ and tissue damage. This research, fully supported by Monsanto through the provision of the GM potatoes, was conducted at approximately the same time as Arpad Pusztai's research in the Rowett Institute.

The potatoes used in the study were Monsanto GM NewLeaf potatoes bred in 1995 from the Russet Burbank variety to be resistant to the Colorado Beetle. The GM event was registered as 082, and the potatoes are included in the Bt group of GM crops. They also contain an antibiotic resistance marker gene (3). The potatoes were deregulated in the USA in 1998, without any feeding studies being required. Another line was deregulated in 1999. Even earlier, in 1996, Monsanto started to introduce the potatoes into Russia and Georgia, and probably into many other countries with lax approval regimes as well (4). For some reason (probably to assist in the consent process) Monsanto co-operated in some feeding studies involving rats from the Institute of Nutrition of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. Something "inconvenient" showed up in these feeding studies, but the Institute refused to release all the information into the public domain and in 1999 the researchers presented a "doctored" version of their Report in support of Monsanto's application for Russian commercialization. The consent was duly given in 2000 by the Russian regulators on the basis of this corrupt piece of science.

It takes much more to poison rats than it does to poison humans.

Last edited:

joanie

Stupid question of the day? What is a GMO crop?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

How GMO foods alter organ function and pose a very real health threat to humans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-IJikX1144

It's Monsanto's loving gift to humanity. Crops that grow it's own pesticide, amoung other things. Monsanto has patents on it, so if cross pollination infects organic crops, Monsanto can sue the organic farmer for stealing their GMO. However GMOs aren't the only harmfull think in your foods. MSGs, Aspertane, lithium, amuminum oxide, mercury, fluoride, and more.

To say what don't kill you will make you stronger is not the case here. What don't kill you right away, will do so slowly messing up your health in the meantime.

Freedom1Man

Monsanto paid for your studies.

Would you trust the Brady Group to do a study on gun control? If the answer is yes, then please believe Monsanto's studies.

BTW I'll sell you some Ocean front property in Arizona.

mobiushky

Where is your proof that GMOs are drought resistant? Where is your proof that they are safe?
Prove that GMO crop yields are in fact higher than selectively breed non-GMO crops.

Unless you're okay with eating human DNA.
GMOs cannot be sold as organic.
GMOs are patented because they are artificially created in a laboratory. GMOs are linked to colony collapse disorder in honeybees.
GMOs are causing the increased spraying of pesticides into the environment.

Understand the selective breeding is NOT GMO and GMO is NOT selective breeding. GMO is taking a virus and bits from animals and then firing all the bits in to a plant (or animal) cell and getting it to reproduce. Think using a shotgun loaded with number 9 shot being use to make a precision shot and only hitting the target in the one place you intended to at 50 yards with an open choke. That is how the genes are inserted into the plant DNA.

http://www.gogreennation.org/2013/0...icide-after-using-genetically-modified-crops/

http://www.gmfreecymru.org/news/Press_Notice16Feb2007.htm

It takes much more to poison rats than it does to poison humans.

#1, green movement. So there by I don't even care about the rest. I am 100% anti-green movement so don't even bother trying to cite "go green" sources because that's already a total loss of reliability.

#2, I NEVER SAID THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED TO BE. I can't say for sure, but it seems like you are so emotionally involved in this that you didn't read what I wrote. I said they CAN produce...

Bottom line, you posted "The fight against GMOs could spark an armed revolution" I say probably not. I honestly don't even care the slightest pittance what you claim about GMO's. I'll eat them. Don't care. You don't want to? No problem, don't. See, that was easy.

Freedom1Man

#1, green movement. So there by I don't even care about the rest. I am 100% anti-green movement so don't even bother trying to cite "go green" sources because that's already a total loss of reliability.

#2, I NEVER SAID THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED TO BE. I can't say for sure, but it seems like you are so emotionally involved in this that you didn't read what I wrote. I said they CAN produce...

Bottom line, you posted "The fight against GMOs could spark an armed revolution" I say probably not. I honestly don't even care the slightest pittance what you claim about GMO's. I'll eat them. Don't care. You don't want to? No problem, don't. See, that was easy.

feel free to eat whatever you want.

The problem is that they are not required to be labeled and so I can't really avoid them.

The other problem is that the farmers can have cross-contamination from pollen. When that happens Monsanto is allowed to sue the organic/non-GMO farmer out of business.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

The problem is that they are not required to be labeled and so I can't really avoid them.

The other problem is that the farmers can have cross-contamination from pollen. When that happens Monsanto is allowed to sue the organic/non-GMO farmer out of business.

personally I think all of this is much ado about nothing.

there is no health risk from GMO's and if you don't want to eat them grow your own food, hunt your own food, fish for your own food.

buy ultra organic.

joanie

I'll eat them. Don't care. You don't want to? No problem, don't. See, that was easy.

I'll offer 3 reasons why it's not that easy, 1- More and more, Monsanto has their polititions pass laws that make it a crime for the small farmer to grow and make it hard stay in bussinss. 2- Cross pollination, The GMO crops are infecting non GMO crops. and 3- Monsanto, knowing people are gonna wise up and start looking for non GMOs, have lobbyed, and sponcered government officals in the FDA, and other food related fields to lift the requirement to label the GMOs, and actually make it a crime to label that any food is not GMO.

Freedom1Man

personally I think all of this is much ado about nothing.

there is no health risk from GMO's and if you don't want to eat them grow your own food, hunt your own food, fish for your own food.

buy ultra organic.

You prove they are safe.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117943&page=1#.Uci7tJymXKc
On Friday, Kraft Foods pulled millions of packages of taco shells off supermarket shelves after an anti-biotech environmental group found traces of the corn in shells purchased in a Washington suburb. Tests performed for Kraft at an independent lab found similar results, the company said.

“This is definitely a precautionary measure,” Taco Bell spokeswoman Laurie Gannon said today. “While our restaurant taco shells are a different recipe than Kraft’s, we wanted to determine whether ours contain the same unapproved corn variety claimed to be in Kraft’s product.”

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/2000/FOOD/news/09/18/food.corn.reut/
The Washington Post said a report prepared by a coalition of biotech critics had found the type of corn, produced by Aventis Corp. and called StarLink, in human food products, although it was approved by federal authorities in 1998 only as animal feed.

Because the corn has been genetically modified in a way that makes it more difficult to break down in the human gut, the agencies have refused to approve it for human use

Just when I thought you didn't trust the government and corporate America. Enjoy the SSRI corn too.

The good news that you people will not be able to re-produce.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/may282011/gmo-not-food-cs.php

The questions raised by "permicides hidden in GMO corn provided to starving Third World populations through the generosity of the Gates’ foundation, Rockefeller Foundation and Kofi Annan’s AGRA" are many and profound.

1. Isn't GM technology directed beyond third world countries but at all countries in the world, and first and most heavily in the US?

2. Is there a relationship, since the introduction of GM-crops in the US, of how steeply birthrates in the US have fallen?

U.S. birthrates overall are at an all time low. Continuing a 12-year decline, the U.S. birth rate has dropped to the lowest level since national data have been available ... 
Bt-corn was introduced in the US in 1996, three years before the dramatic decline began. "Some seven million acres were planted to Bt corn in 1997 with hybrids primarily from Mycogen, Novartis (formerly Ciba), and Northrup King. Mycogen and Novartis both produce pharmaceutical contraceptives.