Thread: Florida State's Attorney Guy presents pistol loaded to capacity as evil intent.

Florida State's Attorney Guy presents pistol loaded to capacity as evil intent.

"He repeatedly referenced the fact that Zimmerman’s handgun was loaded to its normal capacity, as if this showed some evil intent. In fact, every Sheriff’s deputy in that court room has his sidearm loaded in exactly the same manner, as intended in the gun’s design."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur..._Vgg9qsww#t=0s

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06...tements//#more

Not quite "cop killer ammo," but almost.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Which is exactly how the defense should dispose of that emotional and irrational argument.

what's next?

a full tank of gas showing intent to drive recklessly on the interstate ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    what's next?

a full tank of gas showing intent to drive recklessly on the interstate ...
    Guilty as charged ! Next !

The defense should call every single police officer and ask them if their gun is loaded to capacity. And then after that ask them how many murderers CALL the police before they commit a murder.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The state knows their case is weak so they are playing to the uninformed jurors. That prosecutor is full of bluster and BS. OTOH Mr. Knock Knock is going to personally send GZ to the slammer. I already see grounds for appeal in the first ten minutes of the defense's opening: incompetent representation.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Banned
    attorneys have an ethical code .... its not much of one I guess

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The state knows their case is weak so they are playing to the uninformed jurors. That prosecutor is full of bluster and BS. OTOH Mr. Knock Knock is going to personally send GZ to the slammer. I already see grounds for appeal in the first ten minutes of the defense's opening: incompetent representation.
    +1

The defense had the chance to tear up the prosecutions best witness today. The last witness to the stand had a lot of credibility issues. The defense asked about an online Facebook petition she signed showing that she wanted GZ prosecuted. One of those "justice for Treyvon" sites. When it came down to it he asked if she signed the petition and that was it! Come on make, make the point to the jury!!!
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    +1

The defense had the chance to tear up the prosecutions best witness today. The last witness to the stand had a lot of credibility issues. The defense asked about an online Facebook petition she signed showing that she wanted GZ prosecuted. One of those "justice for Treyvon" sites. When it came down to it he asked if she signed the petition and that was it! Come on make, make the point to the jury!!!
    That was a true Perry Mason - BOOM! Head-shot moment. EVERYONE in the courtroom and EVERYONE watching it knows she was lying, has likely been coached (tampered with) by the prosecution and that she is racially biased against Zimmerman.

No need to point out the oh, so obvious noisy fart in church.
    Last edited by notalawyer; 06-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Not really about ethics, a prosecution gives the best theory of the case as they can and the defense does the same, even if it means suggesting the defendant was mentally deficient when no evidence suggests so.

Code of judicial conduct for the state of florida

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    CODE OF JUDICIAL CONDUCT FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA http://www.ablelegalforms.com/canons/judicialcode.html

RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT FOR FLORIDA LAWYERShttp://www.ablelegalforms.com/flalawyerethics.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-25-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    That was a true Perry Mason - BOOM! Head-shot moment. EVERYONE in the courtroom and EVERYONE watching it knows she was lying, has likely been coached (tampered with) by the prosecution and that she is racially biased against Zimmerman.

No need to point out the oh, so obvious noisy fart in church.
    Oh, I know, you know, and I am sure most people know as well. Just as we know she was lying, we also know that there will always be people to make excuses for other people. God forbid one of those excuse makers is on the jury.

If it is possible to have a witness testimony thrown out of the case that was a darn good chance to have it done. At the very least the defense could have done a much better job at casing doubt on her testimony.

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    Oh, I know, you know, and I am sure most people know as well. Just as we know she was lying, we also know that there will always be people to make excuses for other people. God forbid one of those excuse makers is on the jury.

If it is possible to have a witness testimony thrown out of the case that was a darn good chance to have it done. At the very least the defense could have done a much better job at casing doubt on her testimony.
    A blind deaf mute would know she's lying!

At the very least the defense could have done a much better job at casing doubt on her testimony.
    How so? This was textbook impeachment of a witnesses credibility.

What would you have the defense do? Actually accuse her of lying in open court? That might get the attorney cited for contempt and likely loose his ability to practice law.
    Last edited by notalawyer; 06-26-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    A blind deaf mute would know she's lying!

How so? This was textbook impeachment of a witnesses credibility.

What would you have the defense do? Actually accuse her of lying in open court? That might get the attorney cited for contempt and likely loose his ability to practice law.
    To be honest, I don't know what I would have done. That's why I said "if it is possible...". I don't know the rules of how a lawyer must perform his/her duties, or what can/can't be done in court. I personally would have liked to see the defense asking questions to bring out why she signed that petition under the grounds of credibility. If he could have coaxed out her reasoning for signing the petition that, IMHO, would have been the icing on the cake. Anybody who is one of those people that makes excuses for everybody wouldn't have an inch of ground to stand on. That is just my opinion; I can only hope that all the jurors see what both you and I saw.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Prosecutors have become the states torture peons.

Under the British common law system they are supposed to be about fairness and justice, they now are just about winning and ambition.

Reno, Giulani are two who prosecuted innocent people and it led to great success for them.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Prosecutors have become the states torture peons.

Under the British common law system they are supposed to be about fairness and justice, they now are just about winning and ambition.

Reno, Giulani are two who prosecuted innocent people and it led to great success for them.
    Our legal system while better than other systems, will not be just until officers of the court are held criminal and civilly responsible for deliberate attempts at deception. When police, lawyers, and judges are prosecuted and jailed this carp will screech to a halt.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Our legal system while better than other systems, will not be just until officers of the court are held criminal and civilly responsible for deliberate attempts at deception. When police, lawyers, and judges are prosecuted and jailed this carp will screech to a halt.

"...the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth..." should be applied equally to all government actors. But, it would make it harder to fleece the citizenry, eh?
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Re: Florida State's Attorney Guy presents pistol loaded to capacity as evil intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "He repeatedly referenced the fact that Zimmerman’s handgun was loaded to its normal capacity, as if this showed some evil intent. In fact, every Sheriff’s deputy in that court room has his sidearm loaded in exactly the same manner, as intended in the gun’s design."
    So, if I load 5 rounds of ammunition in my S&W Model 37, I must be a criminal? Excuse me?

ECS

Sent from my little slice of Heaven.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon