Thread: RMGO/NAGR officials sued for copyright violations....

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

RMGO/NAGR officials sued for copyright violations....

Hill et al v. Public Advocate of the United States, RMGO, NAGR

I realize that some here are critical of the Southern Poverty Law Center for numerous reasons. However, the above pleading contains exhibits that were gleaned from third party subpoena, such as:

52. At the end of April, with Rothfeld’s assistance, Dudley Brown sent an email to
    Delgaudio proposing that PAUS become involved in the two campaigns against Senator White
    and candidate Hare. The proposal stated, “[t]he gay lobby smells blood in the water, and if some
    pro-gay legislators don’t lose their primaries, I fear Colorado will tumble [i.e., pass legislation
    authorizing civil unions] in the 2013 session . . . What I propose is that PA pay for mailing . . .
    My staff and I would do all the work, but we’d want PA to sign off, put its name on the dotted
    line, and pay for the mailings. I would counsel mailing slick and glossies, with the ‘two men
    kissing’ photo.” See Email from Dudley Brown to Rothfeld and Delgaudio dated April 26, 2012,
    attached hereto as Exhibit C

The question all RMGO & NAGR members should ask is why Mr. Brown & Mr. O'Dell decided it was a good idea to even do this, considering the 2A/RKBA outreach to the gay community that
    has been going on for the last 15 years (since CeaseFear in Seattle and then the Pink Pistols nationally). He also did not succeed. Because of his actions and the actions of the
    previous House Speaker, the State House flipped Democratic in 2012 and caused 3 anti-gun bills to pass requiring a lawsuit from the County Sheriffs of Colorado and the Independence
    Institute, cleaning up after Dudley's mess.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Indeed there are those that think Dudley Brown and NAGR are no friend of OC and self-defense/RKBA.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

No kidding!

Some light reading for those who even entertain the idea of sending money to Dudley the Scammer:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/126...un_Rights.html

Note that Dudley posts several times in that thread, only to insult and belittle his detractors - on one of the largest guns forum at that - but never answering the simple question of his scam.

I'm not one who routinely digs up old posts, but from what I could find, this was the most recent post on OCDO that referred to Brown and Rothfeld.

Current coverage of this crew linked below.

TFred

How This ‘Gun Rights Group’ Is Profoundly Damaging Your Second Amendment Rights

Snippets:

There are people and organizations like this operating in the political realm today. There are pesky ankle-biters, seemingly content to nip at the nobler people and organizations around them who actually seek to accomplish some worthy purpose. To borrow an apt phrase from Washington Times writer Kelly Riddell, these groups are all about “stoking the fears of the less-informed for profit.”

She was describing the National Association for Gun Rights, (NAGR; appropriately pronounced “nagger”), led by Dudley Brown and the squirrely Mike Rothfeld.

I implore you today: don’t feed the ankle-biters. Don’t feed them by handing over your hard-earned dollars to fund their campaigns of distortion and fear, and don’t feed them by condoning their tactics of preying on the poorly-informed. Just hit “delete.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Indeed there are those that think Dudley Brown and NAGR are no friend of OC and self-defense/RKBA.
    But how else will you fill your inbox every freakin' day?

State Researcher
    I can tell you that their Utah State affiliate is at least as damaging to our efforts to advance RKBA/OC as are the entire Democrat delegation in our Legislature.

At the State level, the affiliate won't even reveal the names of its officers/principals. And with good reason, nobody would want their real names attached to the tripe they put out. They apparently never read past the "Confrontational" part of Richardson's "Confrontation Politics" and then assumed that "confrontational" means being the biggest horses behinds one can possibly be. As if lobbying empty, childish insults would ever do any good. Beyond that, they have repeatedly demonstrated that they are wholly incapable of comprehending the effects of legislative language. So not only do they take positions that are not politically attainable, but they often claim that a given bill does something very different than what it actually does.

Anyone supporting these guys in the least are hurting RKBA/OC.

Three to 5 (depending on how many are active each year) other pro-gun groups in Utah (NRA, USSC, GOUtah, WAGC, GOA, etc) work well together and respectfully, even when we disagree. But these NAGR jokers are outright damaging to our RKBA as we have to remind legislators who they are and that they do not represent any responsible adults who happen to own guns.

I'm going to assert this post doesn't violate our rules against bashing other pro-RKBA groups on the basis that this group is not pro-RKBA. Simply naming something a "...Gun Rights..." whatever doesn't make the group actually pro-RKBA, any more than re-naming themselves "Violence Prevention Center" has changed anything about Handgun Control Inc's agenda to disarm us.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    I can tell you that their Utah State affiliate is at least as damaging to our efforts to advance RKBA/OC as are the entire Democrat delegation in our Legislature.

At the State level, the affiliate won't even reveal the names of its officers/principals. And with good reason, nobody would want their real names attached to the tripe they put out. They apparently never read past the "Confrontational" part of Richardson's "Confrontation Politics" and then assumed that "confrontational" means being the biggest horses behinds one can possibly be. As if lobbying empty, childish insults would ever do any good. Beyond that, they have repeatedly demonstrated that they are wholly incapable of comprehending the effects of legislative language. So not only do they take positions that are not politically attainable, but they often claim that a given bill does something very different than what it actually does.

Anyone supporting these guys in the least are hurting RKBA/OC.

Three to 5 (depending on how many are active each year) other pro-gun groups in Utah (NRA, USSC, GOUtah, WAGC, GOA, etc) work well together and respectfully, even when we disagree. But these NAGR jokers are outright damaging to our RKBA as we have to remind legislators who they are and that they do not represent any responsible adults who happen to own guns.

I'm going to assert this post doesn't violate our rules against bashing other pro-RKBA groups on the basis that this group is not pro-RKBA. Simply naming something a "...Gun Rights..." whatever doesn't make the group actually pro-RKBA, any more than re-naming themselves "Violence Prevention Center" has changed anything about Handgun Control Inc's agenda to disarm us.

Charles
    What they have done is extremely damaging to OC and RKBA. I do not consider it a gun rights group, any more than Bloomy's groups are. There means, methods, and results are the same as the antis.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

So what we're observing here are the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton copycats who have hijacked legitimate gun-rights causes!

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    So what we're observing here are the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton copycats who have hijacked legitimate gun-rights causes!

TFred
    I did not say that they appear to be primarily profit/income motivated as opposed to defending the 2A and enhancing our RKBA. I did not say, "Trash in, trash out."

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I unsubscribed from NAGR because I was getting multiple emails asking for money Every.Freaking.Day.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I unsubscribed from NAGR because I was getting multiple emails asking for money Every.Freaking.Day.
    With some it is "A pleasure doing business with you." and both benefit accordingly.

With others like the girl on the street corner at 0-dark-thirty, it is "A business doing pleasure with you." These will likely give you someting you really do not want.

What they have done is extremely damaging to OC and RKBA. I do not consider it a gun rights group, any more than Bloomy's groups are. There means, methods, and results are the same as the antis.
    I won't link to them but NAGR claims that they worked to stop the BATF%E from "banning" green tipped 5.56 M855 ammo.

WOOHOO!!!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare