Thread: Talking about ammo shortage

Talking about ammo shortage

ran across this article on the shortage. some ways it makes sense, in others it doesn't. like why is it that with the high demand that more companies haven't gotten in on the jump? where are the foreign suppliers. could it be too much government regulations have kept the market this way

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/this...comment-144778
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

personnaly, I don't think we have a shortage anymore. If you are willing to pay the crazy prices, then you can find ammo fairly quickly. Walmart and less expensive ammo is still harder to find. With the prices still crazy, cheaper ammo is being hoarded still. Just what I've seen. Cheaper than Dirt, ain't, but does have in stock ammo. Some of the others do as well.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Banned
    The foreign suppliers are picking up a lot of the slack. We are selling a tremendous amount of Aguilla ammo from Mexico. We sell American Eagle when it is available. I call Aguilla "Mexican Eagle."

Customers report that it feeds and shoots well. It's just a bit dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    If you are willing to pay the crazy prices, then you can find ammo fairly quickly. Walmart and less expensive ammo is still harder to find. With the prices still crazy, cheaper ammo is being hoarded still.
    Oddly, I was in the newest WalMart in Weber County about 2 weeks ago, and the store carries neither shoulder-arms, nor ammo. Has anybody else noticed this in their local WalMarts? The three older ones within a 10 mile radius have both, it's just the new one that has a black hole in their sporting goods department.

Other than that, in my area ammo price gouging continues unabated, with one or two exceptions out of a dozen or more gun stores. I picked up a box of 50 Tul 9mm in a new store owned by a youngster (mid-to-late 20s) for <$20. Yes, it is steel cased, FMJ and a bit dirty, but it's practice ammo - and my Glocks will eat anything. Popular "name brands" of 50 count 9mmJHP seem to be averaging about $32 per 50 locally. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

The local Cabelas yesterday had a surprisingly good selection of 9mm yesterday...with PMC Bronze at $21/50 and American Eagle at $42/100.

I consider those price high compared to pre-panic prices, but none the less are some of the best retail prices I've seen since the panic started.

Re: Talking about ammo shortage

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The foreign suppliers are picking up a lot of the slack. We are selling a tremendous amount of Aguilla ammo from Mexico. We sell American Eagle when it is available. I call Aguilla "Mexican Eagle."

Customers report that it feeds and shoots well. It's just a bit dirty.
    One place I was ammo hunting in recently only had one brand of. 45 ACP FMJ on the shelf: American Eagle. Price was $27.99/50 rnds.

Thanks for the Aguilla tip. I'll keep an eye out for some.

Re: Talking about ammo shortage

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    One place I was ammo hunting in recently only had one brand of. 45 ACP FMJ on the shelf: American Eagle. Price was $27.99/50 rnds.

Thanks for the Aguilla tip. I'll keep an eye out for some.
    I'll second notion for Aguilla. Shoot it all the time with NP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2