Thread: Open carry in Exile.

Open carry in Exile.

Well here I am, in Kellogg Idaho, sipping coffee at the McDonald's off of interstate 90. Have OC d in Fred Meyer in CDA and here in McDs (I kept my trusty model 10 in a locked case with a holster, 6 bullets, and 6 more in a speed loader with the gun unloaded until I hit the first rest area on the Idaho side then went into a bathroom stall with the case to arm up.

So far so good, it's amazing how what's supposed to be a fundamental right is viewed different. A mere 30 miles away I'm breaking the law, but after crossing the political boundary here I am and suddenly no issue.

A McDonalds clerk asked me if OC was legal. After I explained she said she knew that but warned me to be careful as she claims a cop in the panhandle killed an open carrier. No details other then that. Will have to look that up.

All future posts for my week of legal OC will be in the Montana sub forums as I'm heading straight to big sky country after I conclude. My coffee break. Hope everyone back home is doing well
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 06-26-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Where about in MT will you be?
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Where about in MT will you be?
    Polson most of the week, probably head up to kalispel one day, and plan to go to missoula at least once, probably twice.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Polson most of the week, probably head up to kalispel one day, and plan to go to missoula at least once, probably twice.
    Grew up and went to school in Polson, parents still live up on Jette. Currently living in Ronan.

In case you did not know, Polson parks carry is banned. (PMC 14.02, Ordinance No. 588)
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 06-26-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Grew up and went to school in Polson, parents still live up on Jette. Currently living in Ronan.

In case you did not know, Polson parks carry is banned. (PMC 14.02, Ordinance No. 588)
    Ronan? We should have a meetup.... Also I have a friend in missoula who's 19, he has a CWP and CCs, but I think he can be talked into OCing for a day

I could see about getting him interested and do a meetup in missoula... As a 1 time thing
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 06-26-2013 at 04:51 PM.

NRA Member