• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Exile.

EMNofSeattle

Well here I am, in Kellogg Idaho, sipping coffee at the McDonald's off of interstate 90. Have OC d in Fred Meyer in CDA and here in McDs (I kept my trusty model 10 in a locked case with a holster, 6 bullets, and 6 more in a speed loader with the gun unloaded until I hit the first rest area on the Idaho side then went into a bathroom stall with the case to arm up.

So far so good, it's amazing how what's supposed to be a fundamental right is viewed different. A mere 30 miles away I'm breaking the law, but after crossing the political boundary here I am and suddenly no issue.

A McDonalds clerk asked me if OC was legal. After I explained she said she knew that but warned me to be careful as she claims a cop in the panhandle killed an open carrier. No details other then that. Will have to look that up.

All future posts for my week of legal OC will be in the Montana sub forums as I'm heading straight to big sky country after I conclude. My coffee break. Hope everyone back home is doing well

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Polson most of the week, probably head up to kalispel one day, and plan to go to missoula at least once, probably twice.

Grew up and went to school in Polson, parents still live up on Jette. Currently living in Ronan.

In case you did not know, Polson parks carry is banned. (PMC 14.02, Ordinance No. 588)

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Grew up and went to school in Polson, parents still live up on Jette. Currently living in Ronan.

In case you did not know, Polson parks carry is banned. (PMC 14.02, Ordinance No. 588)

Ronan? We should have a meetup.... Also I have a friend in missoula who's 19, he has a CWP and CCs, but I think he can be talked into OCing for a day

I could see about getting him interested and do a meetup in missoula... As a 1 time thing

Last edited: