Thread: CenturyLink Metal Detectors now at Sounders Games!!!

CenturyLink Metal Detectors now at Sounders Games!!!

The purchase of a ticket for entrance to the event is a contract, by purchasing the ticket you agree to the rules of the contract.

Its sad but I stopped attending sporting events,concerts etc. I just refuse to contract with any entity that will have someone grope me and my family upon entry.

The world we live in.

ccj

They didnt have metal detectors before and we are season ticket holders... I am so pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by SigPacker View Post
    They didnt have metal detectors before and we are season ticket holders... I am so pissed!
    I suspect the price of admission will increase to pay for the extra security personnel to grope the customers.

Like I said, I stopped attending any venues that have these rules. Same reason that I no longer fly.

I spend all my money on weapons and amno and fancy restaurants. When the restaurants start the pad downs or scanning then I will learn to cook better..

CCJ

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    The purchase of a ticket for entrance to the event is a contract, by purchasing the ticket you agree to the rules of the contract.

Its sad but I stopped attending sporting events,concerts etc. I just refuse to contract with any entity that will have someone grope me and my family upon entry.

The world we live in.

ccj
    However in Washington: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

RCW 9.41.300

Weapons prohibited in certain places Local laws and ordinances Exceptions Penalty.
    (1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

<snip>

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

<snip>

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or

<snip>
    Live Free or Die!

I believe there was a couple in Seattle that was suing over this very issue with the Seahawks about 4 or 5 years ago and all of a sudden they dropped it, for what reason I do not know, maybe they were offered "season tickets"

It will take someone suing to clear this aspect up, cover up and go as the times I have been there seldom do I see them actually use these measures all the time.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Uh, don't you know about the recent TSA Level security changes? NFL is banning purses and a whole bunch of other stuff. Now you have to bring a clear baggie and such. I think this may be part of the security measures now.

Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Uh, don't you know about the recent TSA Level security changes? NFL is banning purses and a whole bunch of other stuff. Now you have to bring a clear baggie and such. I think this may be part of the security measures now.
    Solution, don't carry a purse :-)
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Solution, don't carry a purse :-)
    Does my sizable coin purse count?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPacker View Post
    This sucks!!!
    ...just like soccer ....

ask for your season ticket $$$ back ... they changed the terms of the contract w/o your consent

and find a better sport to watch .... even curling is more exciting than soccer
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-28-2013 at 02:53 AM.

It was paid for with public money

So what? If you have a CPL you can still carry a pistol in legally. Sorry but the scanners cannot change the law.

It's temping to buy a cheap ticket and then OC to the with the law in hand and my CPL in my pocket.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

No wand at Aquasox or Rainiers.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Doesn't MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS, etc... basically lease the stadiums from the city/govt entities and therefore do not have to abide by the RCWs since there stadium is considered private property for the event. So they get to make up their own rules.

I swear I have heard this said before. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJeepster View Post
    Doesn't MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS, etc... basically lease the stadiums from the city/govt entities and therefore do not have to abide by the RCWs since there stadium is considered private property for the event. So they get to make up their own rules.

The law is posted above and is unambiguous. Basically CPL holders can carry.

CenturyLink Metal Detectors now at Sounders Games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJeepster View Post

It sounds like this has never been tested in court.

If they wanted private property, they should have paid for their own stadium.

There is a good thread on the topic at http://thefiringline.com/forums/arch...?t-106581.html
    Last edited by boatswain; 07-07-2013 at 12:53 PM.