Thread: Iwb oc

Iwb oc

I didn't see an Idaho thread on this(granted I only looked for a minute or two) and was just kind of curious. Is an IWB holster good for OC here in Idaho? I can't really see any Kootenai county or PFPD/CPD LEOs making an issue of it, but I can't speak much on other LEOs. Kind of curious because I have always had a standard OWB retention holster until my dog felt the need to eat my last one -_-

I carry a Ruger LC9 in a DeSantis IWB with my shirt tucked in. This is my right side setup. My left side setup is the LC9 in a Tueller IWB with shirt tucked behind. Both will ride just behind 3 and 9 oclock. Just not at the same time!

I carry this way as I get tired carrying the 1911 in a Serpa. Although, since I have lost weight the 1911 is much easier to carry now!

Re: Iwb oc

I use a Hoffner's ITP Ultrux Miurage for my S&W 686 which has a six inch barrel. I prefer to OC, but if I feel the need to CC all I need to do is untuck my shirt. It's not easy to CC this revolver but this holster holds it high and tight. But like I said, I prefer to OC.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372391585146.jpg 
Views:	1688 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	10561
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Iwb oc

It's my understanding IWB is considered OC if the weapon is easily discernible to others. During summer months especially, it shouldn't be a concern. But the problem with IWB is that the weapon can easily become concealed if a shirt becomes untucked or some other clothing unintentionally covers.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2