• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recall of Second Anti-Gun Senator in Colorado Certified to Proceed

Augustin

Recall of Anti-2nd Amendment Colorado State Senator Angela Giron Passes Secretary of State.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/rec...-colorado-certified-to-proceed/#axzz2XQz7U3D4

Pueblo, CO - -(Ammoland.com)- Pueblo Grass Roots Group Makes More State History* With Successful Recall Effort

Pueblo Freedom and Rights, www.pueblofreedomandrights.org, a Colorado grassroots group reports the Secretary of States’ certified 12,548 signatures in petitions to recall anti-2nd Amendment state senator (11,285 were needed).

Democrats now have 15 days to challenge the petitions and signatures to include court challenges to draw out the process. If the count still exceeds 11,285 Giron will be given five working days from that time to decide whether or not to resign her office.

If Giron resigns within the five-day period, state Democrats can appoint a replacement from their ranks. If she does not resign, a date for the special election is set. It is expected that that the Governor and Democrat Party including Bloomberg money may try to extend any election so as to prepare a campaign to try to save Giron should she try to run to stay in office.

“This is proof again that the people have spoken, now the Democrats will try every game in the book as they currently are with recalled Senate President John Morse to invalidate the people’s voices in this historic recall process.” — Victor Head, President of Pueblo Freedom and Rights (PFR).

More information about PFR is available at the PFR website,

www.pueblofreedomandrights.org

Pueblo Freedom and Rights
P.O. Box 11891
Pueblo, CO 81001

*Before the Morse and this recall effort no Colorado state legislator has ever been successfully recalled.

With this successful recall petition against senator Giron and the massive recall petition count against Colorado Senate President Morse concerned Colorado citizens have made state history twice in two weeks.

RandallFlagg

Have you heard this one?

"Giron supporters scrutinizing recall petition signatures"
http://www.krdo.com/news/giron-supp...tures/-/417220/20730884/-/uqhwgl/-/index.html
"Daniel Bravo signed the petition. On Wednesday afternoon, he received two calls from different people. He said the callers asked if he wanted to remove his name from the petition. He said no. Both times he asked who he was speaking to but said each time the caller hung up on him.

"I felt like I was being harassed only because they wouldn't tell me who they were," Bravo said.

Bravo voted for Giron in 2010, but now he wants her out of office."

Thug tactics.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
This is great news - sends a signal around the country!

If either if these two Senators survive the recall vote, be sure to organize a primary challenge against them at the next election - "never forget" needs to be the watch call on these Senators.

EirikBlodok

As a citizen of Pacific Washington a town that just voted 65% to 35% to recall the mayor. the recall process can work. It took a Supreme Court ruling and over a year to get it done, but in the end it got done.

I know this is a little bit of a different situation as the people being recalled are a little higher up the political food chain than our ex mayor was but I would imagine the process is much the same.

rushcreek2

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR COLORADO RECALL ELECTION VOTERS.

MAIL-IN BALLOTS are NOT BEING MAILED TO VOTERS FOR THIS RECALL ELECTION on Sep 10th. Voters will have to vote in place at a voting location.

If you want a mail-in ballot - you need to go to Clerk & Recorder's website with specific search for " 2013 recall election ".

You can print a REQUEST for an " excuse ballot "- based upon either " hospitalization ", or " out of towon" Sep 5-10th".

There is a box on the REQUEST FORM to select " e-mail my mail-in ballot to me ". This will of course speed up delivery considerably.

REQUEST for " excuse ballot " must be received NLT Sep 3rd.

This information needs to be shared on FB, and spread.

Probably majority of Colorado pro-gun voters already are aware of this. You can bet the Marxist professors at Colorado coleges/unitiversities are spreading the word on this as well.

I think it is a good thing for the recall. This will ensure a motivated voter turn out . But people out of town waiting for their "mail-in ballots" will not be able to vote if they don't get right on top of this.

Last edited: