• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Son Exercises his Citizenship

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Son, John, recently turned twenty-one years of age. As an exercise of Citizenship, we arrived at the Bellingham PD to fill out paperwork and apply for his initial Concealed Pistol License. He does not intend to carry at this time (his prerogative) but the document itself is important. In and out in thirty six minutes.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
USA may not be perfect, but after my travels to other countries we have it pretty good. We just need to stay vigilant, and not let the few freedoms we do have be eroded anymore. Also we need to keep fighting to regain the ground we have lost. Just remember we could be in NJ, NY, or some other third world shxx hole. Congrats to your son getting a CPL.

Freedom1Man

USA may not be perfect, but after my travels to other countries we have it pretty good. We just need to stay vigilant, and not let the few freedoms we do have be eroded anymore. Also we need to keep fighting to regain the ground we have lost. Just remember we could be in NJ, NY, or some other third world shxx hole. Congrats to your son getting a CPL.

I think that you understood my message, comrade.

amlevin

But that is the cost of living in the good old USS of A is that we all need papers and permission from Comrade Obama to say or do anything in this country.

It's the greatest country on earth, remember?!

Actually, here in WA it's the "State's" permission we need, not that of Obama and his minions (I wonder if any look like the minions in Despicable Me?). They're the ones that issue the CPL's and by the way, driving is not a right. You use any non motorized means you choose so your BASIC right to travel is not denied.

countryclubjoe

Yes, still I was proud to get mine.

I have a driver's license as well. Hey, don't we have the right to travel.

The right to travel we have, however the privilege to drive/operate a motor vehicle is not a right and states require a license.

I have been arguing "Right to Travel" v A privilege from State for sometime now and my argument falls on deaf ears.

The second we surrender A Right for a State issued privilege we then become a servant of the state in some way and we also pay fees,,taxes,fines and agree to all the terms the states lay upon us for the so called privilege.

I prefer to hold on to MY RIGHTS, they can keep there expensive,intrusive license requirements.

See Kent v Dulles 357 US 116,125

Schactman v Dulles,96 app dc 287,289

CCJ

cyras21

The right to travel we have, however the privilege to drive/operate a motor vehicle is not a right and states require a license.

I have been arguing "Right to Travel" v A privilege from State for sometime now and my argument falls on deaf ears.

The second we surrender A Right for a State issued privilege we then become a servant of the state in some way and we also pay fees,,taxes,fines and agree to all the terms the states lay upon us for the so called privilege.

I prefer to hold on to MY RIGHTS, they can keep there expensive,intrusive license requirements.

See Kent v Dulles 357 US 116,125

Schactman v Dulles,96 app dc 287,289

CCJ

That's because your argument is false. We have the right to travel by whatever means common that day in age. Try walking down the interstate and see how far you get before you're stop by a man with a badge. You need a license because the State needs revenue and everyone goes along with it.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/travel.htm

"CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

It could not be stated more directly or conclusively that citizens of the states have a common law right to travel, without approval or restriction (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S Constitution.

CASE #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

CASE #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941."

But try and make any of these arguments in a kangaroo court.

countryclubjoe

That's because your argument is false. We have the right to travel by whatever means common that day in age. Try walking down the interstate and see how far you get before you're stop by a man with a badge. You need a license because the State needs revenue and everyone goes along with it.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/travel.htm

"CASE #1: "The use of the highway for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common fundamental right of which the public and individuals cannot rightfully be deprived." Chicago Motor Coach v. Chicago, 169 NE 221.

CASE #2: "The right of the citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city may prohibit or permit at will, but a common law right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Thompson v. Smith, 154 SE 579.

It could not be stated more directly or conclusively that citizens of the states have a common law right to travel, without approval or restriction (license), and that this right is protected under the U.S Constitution.

CASE #3: "The right to travel is a part of the liberty of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment." Kent v. Dulles, 357 US 116, 125.

CASE #4: "The right to travel is a well-established common right that does not owe its existence to the federal government. It is recognized by the courts as a natural right." Schactman v. Dulles 96 App DC 287, 225 F2d 938, at 941."

But try and make any of these arguments in a kangaroo court.

I am an advocate to your side of the issue, not sure why you believed other wise.
Not lets not hijack the thread and kindly move on.

CCJ

Jeff Hayes

This thread started out as a father, a proud one knowing MSG, letting us know we have another supporter joining our club and it devolved into I do not need a permission slip yada yada yada rather than a celebration of the fact that our membership just grew by one.

MSG I am glad to hear that he is getting his permit and we have another gun owner in the fight. Give him a pat on the back for me please. We need more young people involved.

Say hello too your lovely wife for me as well.

Jeff

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
MSG I am glad to hear that he is getting his permit and we have another gun owner in the fight. Give him a pat on the back for me please. We need more young people involved.

Say hello too your lovely wife for me as well.
Jeff

Why thank you Jeff.
The point was that we have another gun in the fight. He supported us before age 21, now he has let his government know he is supporting us. You are correct, Jeff, we need more YOUNG people involved and educated.