• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun Press Conference at Clark County Shooting Complex in Las Vegas on July 1, 10

The Big Guy

For those of you who are not members of the NVFAC, I just received this email and wanted to pass it on.

TBG

The Ramirez Group is hosting a press conference at the Clark County Shooting Complex on Monday morning, July 1st. at 1030 am. regarding the immediate need for more gun control.

Expected to attend are Catherine Cortez Masto (State Attorney General), Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie, and Gabby Gifford.

This news story from the Washington Post (see link below) reports that the purpose of the press conference is to pressure Senator Heller and our other elected officials to move forward with gun control programs. It is interesting that the State Attorney General and Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie are participants. It will also be interesting to see if Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) member Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman attends.

• Catherine Cortez Masto signed a letter prepared by MAIG to our congressional delegation voicing opposition to all interstate CCW program legislation.
  • Sheriff Gillespie refuses to audit and eliminate the outdated and wasteful handgun registration program that is only in Clark County. His lobbyists have repeatedly testified against positive firearms laws in Carson City.
  • Mayor Goodman of Las Vegas and Mayor Crowell of Carson City (only two Mayors in NV who belong to MAIG) were recently requested by NVFAC to provide city resources for firearms safety training instead of demands for more gun control.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...un-debate-with-fly-around-tour-of-key-states/

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
A million seals are sleeping easy tonight, knowing that Mark Kelly and his pit bull are hundreds of miles from the sea shore.

His trip to NV may not have the seal of approval, but it certainly has the approval of seals!

Mark Kelly's dog has killed more endangered wildlife than all of my guns, combined.

This seems like a good time for an OC get-together.

28kfps

I am of the opinion and believe most data shows legal gun owners are the working class, law abiding Americans. One way to control the turnout have a gun law meeting in the middle of what is for most a workday.

Vegassteve

Where in the article does it list CCSP? If this is the case will Don Turner and the NVFAC see the light on CCSP? Once it is confirmed they are holding the event there then I will hound the NVFAC.

The Big Guy

Where in the article does it list CCSP? If this is the case will Don Turner and the NVFAC see the light on CCSP? Once it is confirmed they are holding the event there then I will hound the NVFAC.

I've been on Don about it. This kind of meeting is in violation of the park rules. (Yes it is at the CCSP). Check their online handbook. Also Don tells me it is still not for certain that our AG Masto will show, or Gestapo Doug either. If Masto shows, my question is, who is paying the freight? Is she coming on the taxpayers dime? If she is it is a violation of state ethics laws and I will file a complaint with the State Ethics Commission.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I called Steve Carmichael on his Cell phone it is his day off. Steve is the Administrator to the CCSP. He assured me that there were concerns, as this was dropped at the last minuet, and that there would be no "extra financial liability to the taxpayers as the staff already scheduled would be on hand during the press conference.

Steve said that the shooting Complex could not turn them away as it is open to the public. It is not open to the public on Mondays however. I smell a discrimination suite if someone got turned away from shooting because CCSCis closed yet Mark and Gabby art allowed to shoot. (theyy are scheduled at 8:30 am)

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I called the Clark County Managers office, 455-3530 Ask For Randy Tarr. to sch3edule my own press conference and shooting event. at the public facility. He is supposed to call me back, lets see what happens.

The Big Guy

I called Steve Carmichael on his Cell phone it is his day off. Steve is the Administrator to the CCSP. He assured me that there were concerns, as this was dropped at the last minuet, and that there would be no "extra financial liability to the taxpayers as the staff already scheduled would be on hand during the press conference.

Steve said that the shooting Complex could not turn them away as it is open to the public. It is not open to the public on Mondays however. I smell a discrimination suite if someone got turned away from shooting because CCSCis closed yet Mark and Gabby art allowed to shoot. (theyy are scheduled at 8:30 am)

Should not turn them away?

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/p...c-handbook.pdf

From the CCSP handbook "General Rules" section:

The use of the Clark County Shooting Park is primarily for recreational shooting and events and activities supporting recreational shooting.

The Clark County Shooting Park is managed as a recreational shooting facility. Requested uses that do not feature the shooting sports, or are not related to the shooting sports, or the accomplishment of the mission of Clark County will not be allowed on property.

TBG

The Big Guy

The mission of Clark County is to be as much like part of California as possible, so this use fits their rules perfectly.

That struck me too but I think what it means is the mission with regard to the shooting park. I don't know of anywhere there is a Clark County stated mission that they wish to outlaw firearms though that certainly is the direction they move.

TBG

DVC

Did anyone actually go to this clusterflop?

It would have been amusing to stand close to the podium, slap the backs of our hands together and go "ARR! ARR! ARR!" while the Sealinator was talking.

I would have asked if Kelly would sign a petition to require licensing and background checks for owning pit bulls . . ?

The Big Guy

Did anyone actually go to this clusterflop?

It would have been amusing to stand close to the podium, slap the backs of our hands together and go "ARR! ARR! ARR!" while the Sealinator was talking.

I would have asked if Kelly would sign a petition to require licensing and background checks for owning pit bulls . . ?

According to what I've heard, Masto and Gestapo Doug did not show, but a police Lt from NLV did the introductions as stated that NLV was fully behind more gun laws. Hmmm, wonder if he checked that with the new mayor first. Somehow I don't think so.

TBG

DVC

Did you get the name of that cop? Was he in uniform or driving a city car?

Too bad we can't expect NVFAC to sue NLVPD for sending him to a partisan political meeting on the taxpayer's dime.

How many people showed up who weren't either on our side or paid to be there?

The Big Guy

Did you get the name of that cop? Was he in uniform or driving a city car?

Too bad we can't expect NVFAC to sue NLVPD for sending him to a partisan political meeting on the taxpayer's dime.

How many people showed up who weren't either on our side or paid to be there?

don't know the answer to any of those questions yet.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Clark County parks and Rec Has promised me that they will address this issue.
They feel like they got put on the spot somewhat, and were unprepared policy wise to correctly deal with the issue. I was informed that if these folks got to use the meeting room free of charge for their press conference, I would get the same treatment.

I have decided against holding a press conference and let parks know I requested it just to make a point. I should get the financial outline of what happened today, by afternoon tomorrow. It will take a couple of weeks or more to address the new policy changes.

DVC

I have decided against holding a press conference and let parks know I requested it just to make a point. I should get the financial outline of what happened today, by afternoon tomorrow. It will take a couple of weeks or more to address the new policy changes.

I dunno, a press conference sounds like a good idea, especially if you can point out the hypocrisy of today's event and exhibits.

carracer

I saw on "Good Morning America" (I think) this morning that "Gabby" fired at handgun at the range to show her support for the 2nd Amendment!