Thread: Billings parks?

Billings parks?

I would prefer to have a firearm when taking my family to a park here in billings. I'm not sure where to find out if it is prohibited in Billings though. Help?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Don't think any restriction exists.
    http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10441
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't think any restriction exists.
    http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=10441
    Thanks!

The only local municipal ordinance I see for billings is:

Sec. 18-204. Prohibiting weapons, firearms and explosives at city council proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sec 18-204

(c) Prohibition of weapons, firearms, and destructive devices at city council meetings. The carrying or possession of weapons, firearms or destructive devices at Billings city council proceedings by any person except law enforcement personnel is prohibited.
    (d) Signing. Suitable signs giving notice that weapons, firearms and destructive devices are prohibited at city council proceedings will be posted in appropriate areas.
    (e) Penalties. A person convicted of carrying or possessing weapons, firearms or destructive devices at city council proceedings shall be fined not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00) or by imprisonment not to exceed six (6) months or both.

Parks and public buildings where city council proceedings are not occurring should be good, carry on.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.