• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Billings parks?

mtcarry

I would prefer to have a firearm when taking my family to a park here in billings. I'm not sure where to find out if it is prohibited in Billings though. Help?

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
The only local municipal ordinance I see for billings is:

Sec. 18-204. Prohibiting weapons, firearms and explosives at city council proceedings.

Sec 18-204 said:

(c) Prohibition of weapons, firearms, and destructive devices at city council meetings. The carrying or possession of weapons, firearms or destructive devices at Billings city council proceedings by any person except law enforcement personnel is prohibited.
(d) Signing. Suitable signs giving notice that weapons, firearms and destructive devices are prohibited at city council proceedings will be posted in appropriate areas.
(e) Penalties. A person convicted of carrying or possessing weapons, firearms or destructive devices at city council proceedings shall be fined not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500.00) or by imprisonment not to exceed six (6) months or both.

Parks and public buildings where city council proceedings are not occurring should be good, carry on.