Thread: Question Regarding Maine Law (not really OC)

Question Regarding Maine Law (not really OC)

I will start of by saying that this is not really an OC question, but it js Maine specific so i thought this would be the place to post it (correct me if im wrong). I generally OC, but am putting in my application for a Maine non-resident concealed carry permit for those times when OC isn't practical (Idaho honors a permit from Maine and it would save me the trouble of jumping through the may issue hoops of Idaho because I am not 21). On the application it says that you need to include a color passport photo (2x2). Do I have to file for a passport, wait for that to come, and then send a copy of the photo to the Maine State Police or is there an alternative photo I could use.

Re: Question Regarding Maine Law (not really OC)

Go to Walgreens/CVS and ask to get a passport photo taken. Its like $10 for 4. It's just a passport sized photo. It's used as a standard size.

Eta: walmarts do them too

Sent from the back of a black van
    Last edited by SPOProds; 06-27-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Alright, good to know. I appreciate the info

Both times I've renewed my permit I've taken and printed the photo myself. Just has to be a 2x2 inch photo of your face. It doesn't have to be your passport photo, it just has to be a 2x2 passport "style" photo.

I've only gotten a resident Maine one at local police stations(Biddeford and then Windham) and Biddeford didn't want my photo and Windham never asked for one. I assume the state police actually require one then? Or maybe they were afraid my ugly mug might damage someone's eyes if they ever saw my pictures in a file and weren't ready for it. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    I've only gotten a resident Maine one at local police stations(Biddeford and then Windham) and Biddeford didn't want my photo and Windham never asked for one. I assume the state police actually require one then? Or maybe they were afraid my ugly mug might damage someone's eyes if they ever saw my pictures in a file and weren't ready for it. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    It could be something strictly for nonresidents. I won't be able to just walk in and take care of things, so they want something more to identify me. I don't know, though. That's purely speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGunz View Post
    It could be something strictly for nonresidents. I won't be able to just walk in and take care of things, so they want something more to identify me. I don't know, though. That's purely speculation.
    State police requires it for sure for both res and non-res.

The only towns to my knowledge that don't require it are ones with paper permits and no photo.

Eta: of course that doesn't pertain to NR permits since all NRs go through MSP
    Sent from the back of a black van
    Last edited by SPOProds; 06-28-2013 at 04:58 AM.

As others have stated you can just take the photo yourself. I took mine and my girlfriends photo, There are specific guidelines you need to follow however which are outlined here:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt...oreq_5333.html

and here:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt...late_5297.html

I touched them up a little in photoshop.. Took out the shadow from the flash and such and just printed them out on a 4x6 sheet of photo paper centered in the middle.