• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wondering .. no more "town meetings" about PA13-3 ?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Have not seen any postings lately or videos online about any "informational sessions" that the anti-legislative members were having previously.

And still no forms I see for registration on the DESPP website .... maybe Bradford will do the right thing and never produce any as the registration provisions of PA13-3 are clearly unconstitutional

forhumans

I'm also curious if there's an update on how we are expected to provide proof of purchase for "assault weapons" purchased before 2013.

motoxmann

I'm also curious if there's an update on how we are expected to provide proof of purchase for "assault weapons" purchased before 2013.

according to the state police FAQ recently publicized, it appears as if they finally realized and admitted that they can only request proof of purchase OR a sworn written statement, not both. only time will tell though. last word was that the forms will be available July 1st. we'll see if they stick to that as well

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/faqs_06192013.pdf

notice question #2. it refers to taking possession after 4/5 when sold before 4/5, but it explains the same concept of providing proof of purchase OR a sworn statement

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Purchased or MADE before the specific date APR 5, 2013 I recall.

One can make guns on their own ... I have made a few over the years ... fun project work .. nothing like pulling the trigger for the first time

davidmcbeth

Banned
according to the state police FAQ recently publicized, it appears as if they finally realized and admitted that they can only request proof of purchase OR a sworn written statement, not both. only time will tell though. last word was that the forms will be available July 1st. we'll see if they stick to that as well

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/faqs_06192013.pdf

notice question #2. it refers to taking possession after 4/5 when sold before 4/5, but it explains the same concept of providing proof of purchase OR a sworn statement

I already wrote the commish and told him that requesting or providing the information is a violation of my 2nd amendment rights ... in my declaration to him .. he did not respond back so I assume he's happy with my response. Heck the commish even plead it several times to me in FOIC cases that divulging this information would lead to a safety risk for the party disclosing (ie possible death).