• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Doormat and Front and Patio Door Decals

JJC

Last edited:

SPOProds

Wouldn't these be telling bad guys that you have weapons in the "House"?

Then all the bad guys would have to do is case the house, figure out when you're NOT present and then help themself to the boom boom sticks.

JMHO

JJC

This.

Sent from the back of a black van

Packer fan

This.

Sent from the back of a black van

Well, place a sign outside your home saying I don't have: weapons, big screen tv, prescription drugs, gold, silver, jewelry, intoxicating beverages, stereos, cell phones, or anything else of value in my house, this way they know not to waste their time staking out your place; but if they do decide to make a surprise visit, they will do it in a kinder gentler way. Sorry, the last part of the above sentence can't be true do to the sign posted. We know homeless people are perfectly safe on the streets.

I sign will not stop anything only serve as a warning.

Packer fan

Using that logic you probably think that an open carried weapon has never deterred any crime(s) either.

Viper,

If you are responding to me I was being sarcastic.

The question was wouldn't these mats encourage crime? Does a jewelry shop sign encourage crime, so should jewelers place any signs in front of their stores?

People have different kinds of motivations to steal that which doesn't belong to them, placing a warning sign outside the door may not stop everyone but it may give some a reason just to pass you buy. Just as OC may not stop everyone but it does serve as a warning.

If this was responded to me.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The signs are fun and probably do reflect how you really do feel - which is exactly what the prosecuter will be telling the jury.

Are you going to use the "just kidding" defense? Think it will work out in your favor?

stay safe.

MKEgal

skidmark said:
The signs are fun and probably do reflect how you really do feel - which is exactly what the prosecuter will be telling the jury.
If I had the money to spare, & a place to put it where it wouldn't be stolen by neighborhood thugs, I'd get the one that says "come back with a warrant".
I suppose an anti-rights DA could twist that to say that I was expecting to get in trouble & have police storm my home?
(In my case, it's reacting from experience.)

Packer fan

Are you going to use the "just kidding" defense? Think it will work out in your favor?

stay safe.

I'll not put up beware of dog signs. I'd be safer because the prosecution couldn't use that sign against me if my dog tears into your flesh because you entered my house uninvited.

I see the logic there, my signs are now down.

Firearms Iinstuctor

stay safe.

My feelings also just like the we don't dial 911 , protected by S@W or trespassers will be shot twice signs

all could give the jury the wrong kind of information.

Viper

I was only thinking to post them as a deterrent, which is what I thought was their purpose. Not that they would be used against me in a court situation.

But maybe you are right.

Now say you have a couple of pit bulls and have posted "Beware of Dog" signs. If someone was to break in and your dogs killed him (them), would the prosecutor point to the sign and say the same type of thing to the jury?

Just a question, not intending to rile you up.....well maybe a little. Heh.

Last edited: