• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

up from pdx to renton for 2 weeks..

bwboley

Activist Member
I'm staying at a hotel in Trenton for 2 weeks while I work in this area. (Sitting at interbay train yard right now)
I can't carry when I'm working but was wondering if there's anything I should know about this area?
I went to Walmart right off 405 exit 2 and there's a lot of foreigners in this area...

Also valid was permit

oldkim

I'm going to say you meant Renton (as your title says)... not the body of your message. There are many things you can do. Within 5 miles you have an outdoor shooting range - Renton Fish and Game Club www.rfgc.org or an indoor range Champion Arms in Kent www.championarms.com What is it you want to do? There are at least 4 guns stores plus the major sporting good chain stores within the area too. Couple of references for you regarding WA CPL http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faconcealfaq.html http://www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons.aspx#.Uc5BXCrn_IU http://handgunlaw.us/states/washington.pdf

bwboley

Activist Member
Yea renton phone changed it.
Idk I'm stuck in the hotel when I'm not working at its driving me nuts and I'm here till the 13th! Lol
I'm staying right off exit 4 on 405.

Last edited:

The Big Dog

4th of July at Gene Coulon Park

Just north of your location, at the very south end of Lake Washington, is Gene Coulon Park. They put up a very nice fireworks display about 10 PM. Festivities start about noon if I remember correctly. Tends to be lots of Renton City cops on hand for traffic and people control, none have ever bothered me for open carry, just a few looks here and there.

The City of Renton invites you to celebrate Independence Day in Renton. Enjoy free children's activities and face-painting from 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., free rides in Voyageur Canoes from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., stage entertainment from 1:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., and a professional fireworks display from the shores at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 10:00 p.m.

Average attendance at Gene Coulon has been 20,000 for Renton's 4th of July event, with many more viewing the beautiful night-time fireworks display from boats, canoes, kayaks, and from several locations close to the park.

For the past 10 years, the barge and fireworks display was positioned 1,000 feet from shore and shells went a maximum of 600 feet in the air. This year, the fireworks will be launched from the Ivar’s water walk, 300 feet from shore, and shells will go a maximum of 300 feet in the air. The change in launch location is due to increased regulations in hazardous materials transportation and safety standards. Residents who have previously enjoyed the show from the surrounding hills may not be able to see the show this year – depending on their viewing angle.

acmariner99

Sorry you have to stay in Renton - I live in the highlands east of exit 4. Here are a few options for you while you are in the area: we do have an open carry meet this Saturday up in Bothell, I am looking to go hiking this weekend so if you are interested in that I wouldn't mind having somebody along, and as someone else mentioned, there is a 4th of July party at Gene Coulon Park near the Landing from noon till 11 PM (right on the other side of the large Boeing building) - food and fireworks.

bwboley

Activist Member
I might be in for the of meet but hiking is my friend yet lol I broke my back few years back and still trying to shed the weight I gained and get back in shape so a hike would prob kill me if its steep up and down lol