• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shooting low with full size guns

bhthib3381

Thanks everyone,

Just to let you all know, I went to the range yesterday. The problem was mostly not prestaging the trigger.

When I did prestage, the shots were center mass. I did anticipate recoil on a few shots. And I still didn't prestage the trigger on a few shots. Now that I was looking for the problem, I saw the barrel dip every time.

I'm going to practice more with the Glock, but when I have the money, I'm going to get a 1911. I still hate the trigger. I hate the pretravel and the trigger reset feels awful to me compared to my P238.

But thanks again everyone. I still have to work on my technique, but you guys have given me a great place to start.