• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to forum

sidewayz

hey everyone, i have been quietly reading what you all have to say about open carry in our state of NC. I have the basics down of what i can/cannot do and say. but i have a few questions. I have seen various videos of people carrying semi-auto's into places of business mainly AR15'S. i only here people carrying "handguns" around. Could i carry a AR15 or other choice semi, into a mall perhaps to exercise my rights? Last is as long as i am open carrying i dont have to give any info to the LEO or hand my gun over? im sure one of you can clear this up 4 me? Thx 4 all great info here.

Do any of you record your experiences to protect yourselfs in case something goes wrong with you and the cops?? Im pretty sure you older forum users have heard of.. master sgt. c.j. grisham on youtube??

nobama

hey everyone, i have been quietly reading what you all have to say about open carry in our state of NC. I have the basics down of what i can/cannot do and say. but i have a few questions. I have seen various videos of people carrying semi-auto's into places of business mainly AR15'S. i only here people carrying "handguns" around. Could i carry a AR15 or other choice semi, into a mall perhaps to exercise my rights? Last is as long as i am open carrying i dont have to give any info to the LEO or hand my gun over? im sure one of you can clear this up 4 me? Thx 4 all great info here.

Do any of you record your experiences to protect yourselfs in case something goes wrong with you and the cops?? Im pretty sure you older forum users have heard of.. master sgt. c.j. grisham on youtube??

Welcome. Now most malls I know of are posted so no carry,second of all as yes it would be legal to carry a long gun we dont recomend it. Save the long gun OC for some 2A rally and just carry a holstered hand gun please.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Please note:

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Yes many (most?) have digital recorders, but we do not hold court on the street either.

Recommend that you read and study up on the "Cliff Notes" linked below:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?101135-North-Carolina-Flyer-March-22-2012

Last edited:

sidewayz

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Yes many (most?) have digital recorders, but we do not hold court on the street either.

Recommend that you read and study up on the "Cliff Notes" linked below:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?101135-North-Carolina-Flyer-March-22-2012

thx 4 clearing things up Grape, i appreciate it. yes i reread the cliffnotes i got the answer i was seeking.