Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

    (CBS) A former neighbor of George Zimmerman testified he saw two men in a "tussle" outside his home the night of Feb. 26, 2012, and said he now believes the person on top in the altercation - which would moments later turn fatal - was Trayvon Martin.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...fatal-gunshot/

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    398

    Re: don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

    So, in your opinion, I can chase you down and assault you and when you start kicking my ass I get to shoot and kill you without getting in trouble?

    Sorry, but the law doesn't let you walk using a claim of self defense when you are the one that instigated the situation that caused you to need to kill someone to defend yourself.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    So, in your opinion, I can chase you down and assault you and when you start kicking my ass I get to shoot and kill you without getting in trouble?

    Sorry, but the law doesn't let you walk using a claim of self defense when you are the one that instigated the situation that caused you to need to kill someone to defend yourself.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't believe the facts of the case support your version as stated in your first sentence.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    398

    Re: don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I don't believe the facts of the case support your version as stated in your first sentence.
    I wasn't talking about this case specifically with that part, I was giving an example that would hold true if you really think that Zimmerman is innocent in this case.

    That being said, I am not aware of any facts in this case that support the idea that Martin attacked first (still irrelevant if he did btw) except Zimmerman's statement that he did, which is worthless. Maybe if Zimmerman hadn't farking killed Martin we would have a better idea what happened, but since he did it is his unreliable word against the undeniable fact that if Zimmerman hadn't rabidly chased a 17 year old boy for absolutely no good reason at all then Martin would be alive today... And that is they problem. Zimmerman's intentional, needless, and risky actions while armed directly lead to someone's death. There is no way that is anything less than manslaughter no matter how you cut it.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I would not say that zimmerman's testimony would be worthless .... that's up to the jury to decide. It may end being golden.

  6. #6
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    So, in your opinion, I can chase you down and assault you
    What do you use for brains? Do you honestly think that Zimmerman, whom the physician's assistant confirmed is OBESE, outran Martin and started a fight with him?

    and when you start kicking my ass I get to shoot and kill you without getting in trouble?

    Sorry, but the law doesn't let you walk using a claim of self defense when you are the one that instigated the situation that caused you to need to kill someone to defend yourself.
    You are a sick, demented individual. Zimmerman was under no obligation to let himself be murdered, no matter how much disgusting Marxist bigots protest to the contrary.

  7. #7
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    I wasn't talking about this case specifically with that part, I was giving an example that would hold true if you really think that Zimmerman is innocent in this case.

    That being said, I am not aware of any facts in this case that support the idea that Martin attacked first (still irrelevant if he did btw) except Zimmerman's statement that he did, which is worthless.
    The injuries support Zimmerman's account.

    Maybe if Zimmerman hadn't farking killed Martin we would have a better idea what happened
    You are a genuinely disgusting excuse for a human. I hope that someone smashes your head into concrete until you die. That would be poetic justice.

    but since he did it is his unreliable word against the undeniable fact that if Zimmerman hadn't rabidly chased a 17 year old boy for absolutely no good reason at all
    Because robberies are no big deal to progressive scum like you. On the contrary, you no doubt consider them to be "social justice", a valid way to redistribute wealth.

    then Martin would be alive today... And that is they problem. Zimmerman's intentional, needless, and risky actions while armed directly lead to someone's death. There is no way that is anything less than manslaughter no matter how you cut it.
    Go to Moscow and worship Lenin's corpse, you anti-self desfense zealot.

  8. #8
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    minachrist - I think you need some Christian values in your life. You reek of not being loved enough as a child.
    We are on a pro-self defense message board, and this twisted individual has come here and

    (1) utterly downplayed the severity of burglary, which has occurred several times in Zimmerman's neighborhood, instead stating that Zimmerman had NO reason for pursuing Trayvoscum after he was seen to be casing homes

    (2) indicated that Zimmerman was obligated to let himself be MURDERED

    How should such an individual be treated by sane people who value the right of self defense?

  9. #9
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Martin was not seen casing homes.
    Walking close to homes to see if they're unoccupied constitutes casing.

    Do you care to comment on this piece of sht's suspension for posessing stolen women's jewelry (as well as fighting)?

  10. #10
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Oh, I didn't know both you and Zimmerman knew what was in Martin mind when he walked along the street.

    I walk on streets all the time and I look at homes all the time. Its kind of hard to walk and NOT look at homes.
    The neighborhood had been burglarized several times in the previous two years. Media scum and their sycophants like to omit that in these discussions.

  11. #11
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Oh I see, so that means everyone walking down the street is "casing" the homes.

    Every neighborhood has burglaries.
    Looking into homes to see if they're occupied constitutes casing.

    I'm still waiting for you to comment on Martin's suspension for having stolen women's jewelry.

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Oh, I didn't know both you and Zimmerman knew what was in Martin mind when he walked along the street.

    I walk on streets all the time and I look at homes all the time. Its kind of hard to walk and NOT look at homes.
    But you also follow police officers, can't wait to see what you claim if they open a can of whoop a$$. I tend to think your story will change.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    The neighborhood had been burglarized several times in the previous two years. Media scum and their sycophants like to omit that in these discussions.
    Wonder if anybody has the burglary rates of the community after the POS was shot and killed.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    minachrist - I think you need some Christian values in your life. You reek of not being loved enough as a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    We are on a pro-self defense message board, and this twisted individual has come here and

    (1) utterly downplayed the severity of burglary, which has occurred several times in Zimmerman's neighborhood, instead stating that Zimmerman had NO reason for pursuing Trayvoscum after he was seen to be casing homes

    (2) indicated that Zimmerman was obligated to let himself be MURDERED

    How should such an individual be treated by sane people who value the right of self defense?
    I despise the misrepresentations in arentol's posts too. However, was this above exchange necessary, or even useful? Take issue with what arentol said, not with him as a person, and you don't get the first reply nor the need felt to post the second.

    Moving on back to the topic at hand.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Martin was not seen casing homes.
    Z did see Martin as casing homes. If M was walking where and how Z says, I'd see it that way too.

    Did you mean to say that we don't know that M was casing homes? Or that we know he wasn't? Or that others would not have seen it that way? Z did see it that way.

    The statement, as you made it, is absolutely false.
    Last edited by eye95; 06-29-2013 at 06:31 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Martin was not seen casing homes.
    (1) utterly downplayed the severity of burglary, which has occurred several times in Zimmerman's neighborhood, instead stating that Zimmerman had NO reason for pursuing Trayvoscum after he was seen to be casing homes

    I would do a little history on crime in the Sanford area, and you would understand why Zimmerman carried a gun in the first place. I hate to say this, but it is the way young blacks these days portray themselves as gangsters and thugs that has put this stigma on themselves.

  17. #17
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Lets not forget the duty and obligation that the jury has. They have to conclude, beyond a reasonable doubt that.....

    # 1 - The victim is dead;
    # 2 - The death was caused by the criminal act of the defendant;
    # 3 - There was an unlawful killing of the victim by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life.

    the state has to prove Zimmerman did not act in self defense, he has already admitted to killing Martin with an affirmative defense that he states he committed a homicide because he was in imminent fear of life or limb.

    who knows where you found your information at, Mickey mouse club house maybe ;-)
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  18. #18
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Re: don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

    CA Patriot is obviously a troll

    Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  19. #19
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    CA Patriot is obviously a troll

    Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
    he better watch out, because if Minnie Mouse finds out he's friggen Goofy she's going to be really mad!
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    don't see how zimmerman can be found guilty now -

    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    CA Patriot is obviously a troll

    Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
    Just because you disagree with someone strongly does not make him a troll. I don't like a lot of what he says; I some I can agree with.

    What I find annoying is all the juvenile back-and-forth that he an another pair of posters get into across the board. But that does not make any of the three of them a troll.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    So, in your opinion, I can chase you down and assault you and when you start kicking my ass I get to shoot and kill you without getting in trouble?

    Sorry, but the law doesn't let you walk using a claim of self defense when you are the one that instigated the situation that caused you to need to kill someone to defend yourself.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

    You obviously believe that blunt force trauma to the head with concrete is not life threatening. So maybe you should get your head bashed in and see if you can survive.

  22. #22
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by arentol View Post
    I wasn't talking about this case specifically with that part, I was giving an example that would hold true if you really think that Zimmerman is innocent in this case.

    That being said, I am not aware of any facts in this case that support the idea that Martin attacked first (still irrelevant if he did btw) except Zimmerman's statement that he did, which is worthless. Maybe if Zimmerman hadn't farking killed Martin we would have a better idea what happened, but since he did it is his unreliable word against the undeniable fact that if Zimmerman hadn't rabidly chased a 17 year old boy for absolutely no good reason at all then Martin would be alive today... And that is they problem. Zimmerman's intentional, needless, and risky actions while armed directly lead to someone's death. There is no way that is anything less than manslaughter no matter how you cut it.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    since this is a ridiculous argument..... PLEASE DON"T FEED THE TROLL
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  23. #23
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    if this was a trial of law, you are right , i believe Zimmerman would be found not guilty. all of the evidence and witness accounts or on his side. beside the fact that his is the side the law is on.

    but we all know this is not about whats right, but what is democracy. mob rule. it is a court of opinion. through bias reporting and people that don't know(or care) for the facts. there is a very good chance he will lose
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  24. #24
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    personally I would have chosen trial by judge then a jury. When dealing with personal opinion it could easily swing in the wrong direction for a less then popular acts.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  25. #25
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    You obviously believe that blunt force trauma to the head with concrete is not life threatening. So maybe you should get your head bashed in and see if you can survive.
    That is precisely what I like to tell demented progressives who say that Zimmerman's injuries "weren't that bad".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •