• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop having a bad day w/kid who will not SUBMIT ... loved this one

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Trayvon could have called 911 if he felt threatened just as Zimmerman did and likely in this situation would not have reached the level it did.

Interesting Zimmerman called 911 but Trayvon didn't, why would that be?

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

Zimmerman called 9-11 because he saw a black male in his neighborhood. Zimmerman once called 9-11 on a 7 yr old kid. (who was black)

Martin didn't call 9-11 but he should have. Martin probably thought his best chance was to run away.

Its hard to call 9-11 when you are running for your life.

WalkingWolf

Zimmerman called 9-11 because he saw a black male in his neighborhood. Zimmerman once called 9-11 on a 7 yr old kid. (who was black)

Martin didn't call 9-11 but he should have. Martin probably thought his best chance was to run away.

Its hard to call 9-11 when you are running for your life.

But he didn't run away, he laid in wait for the "crazy ass cracker". Plus he wasn't running for his life while yacking away on the phone with his friend, talking about the "crazy ass cracker" and the "nigga". At the very least he could have had his friend call the police, I wonder why she didn't. Maybe because she thought TM was beating up the "crazy ass cracker".

Criminals don't usually call police when they are about to commit a crime...

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
But he didn't run away, he laid in wait for the "crazy ass cracker".
Martin did run away.
I don't believe you were ever a cop.
What department did you work ? What state ? What city ?

I don't buy that summation at all, Zimmerman was on the phone talking with 911 and in the coverage of the police wall through they had the call on tape and he was not running during this time, so how does one assume he was chasing Trayvon is beyond me.
Main may have ran at some point but there is no doubt he approached Zimmerman and attacked him.
Yes it does make a difference calling 911 and wait for law enforcement to arrive.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I don't buy that summation at all, Zimmerman was on the phone talking with 911 and in the coverage of the police wall through they had the call on tape and he was not running during this time, so how does one assume he was chasing Trayvon is beyond me.
Main may have ran at some point but there is no doubt he approached Zimmerman and attacked him.
Yes it does make a difference calling 911 and wait for law enforcement to arrive.

And let's not forget the star witness testified that TM told her he lost the "crazy ass cracker". TM spent over 4 minutes on the phone less than a hundred yards from the townhouse he was staying at. Plenty of time to go home, plenty of time to call the police.

Ca Patriot

okay well everyone has their opinions and no one is changing.

Zimmerman isn't going to jail so you can all be happy.

one less ****** on the streets.

Jamesm760

And let's not forget the star witness testified that TM told her he lost the "crazy ass cracker". TM spent over 4 minutes on the phone less than a hundred yards from the townhouse he was staying at. Plenty of time to go home, plenty of time to call the police.

I get a feeling you didn't like TM call GZ a cracker... LOL. It's bothering you quite allot, maybe we should stop talking about the case and start talkin about why that is bothering you? o_O

And If what I heard is correct, GZ is hispanic... seems like hispanic people always get the best from racism. :)

we need to just drop it, the killing it self was jusitfied. Lets leave it at that.

notalawyer

I understand that, but TM wouldn't have illegally attacked GZ, If GZ didn't start to follow him and initiate the encounter. There are allot of what ifs, for ex if TM would have called the cops when noticed someone suspecious was following him, it would have had a different ending. TM's death for this exact incident would have not happened if GZ didn't follow him around. End of story. GZ put him self in that situation. Deadly force was IMO justified, but he put himself there.

And if he turned out to be a bank robber, he notices you are following him, he turns around and shoots you dead. Why would you put yourself in harms way, knowing there is a posibility he might be a BG, he might be armed, he might shoot you. I guess everyone will do what they want, but me personally, at the end of the day, I'm looking out for my family and myself. If someone in the bank was excersing their 2A, there wouldn't even have been somone with a skimask coming out of the bank(if indeed it was robbed). Following someone that looks like they just robbed a bank is just doing too much, I don't get paid for putting my life on the line. (all of this again is IMO, everyone has their own thought/opinions)

But if TM did not get kicked out of his house, he would not been in Sanford to start this chain of events. If his mother and father had not gotten divorced, this likely would not have happened, Heck if they had not even met, this would not have happened, etc. etc ad absurdum.

I look out for my neighbors too. I'm not too afraid to do what I think is the right thing, and have always done so. Armed or not. I (unarmed) stopped a guy beating his wife in the parking lot at work many, many years ago. Unfortunately for him, he resisted (with gusto) my lawful citizens arrest. Also unfortunately for him, as a coward, he was much better at beating small/meek terrorized women and not so good at fighting fat pissed off rednecks! The wife spent a few days in the hospital recovering from her injuries, he beat her quite severely. He, on the other hand spent something like 18-20 days in the hospital, and now that I think about he's still in prison.

BrianB

Why are we still talking about TM and GZ in this thread? Mods should nuke all the off topic posts.

BrianB

Why do you care?

Maybe it's because I'm an old fart, but it feels sorta like walking up to a group of people who are having a conversation about something and starting a new conversation. As someone else noted, there are plenty of other TM/GZ threads - not sure why it's necessary to highjack David's thread about something completely unrelated to his post.

Tucker6900

What kind of person trayvon was doesnt matter. What matters are his actions that night. What kind of wall fly were you that didn't get in trouble when you were a teen.

Calling him a survivor implies that he wasnt an aggressor which he may have been. At the very least he started the confrontation.

XDM9 3.8 Compact, NP3+, Trijicon HD Night Sights, CT laser

Arguing with yourself will get you nowhere...

Who he was has everything to do with it. Who we are defines us as individuals. Trayvon was a thug. A wannabe. He was the basic example of what a good percentage of black teens are these days. And no, thats not racist, its a fact.

Prison Population per Race

Back on topic.....

The angry officer is just another example of who we have for "protection" in this country. Its happening more and more every day. Why? Because the police are not held accountable for their actions. Perfect example......

Six BATF officers smash car windows over bottled water

Charges against this girl immediately dropped by the City attorney. Where are the charges against the officers? Chances are we will never see them. Because the officers were "just following orders."

Guess who else was just "following orders"?

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Just finished watching the video(yes it took me this long to finally watch it) I thought it was pretty funny. If the other officer wasn't there and they didn't tell him before hand that they were recording him, I could easily see that officer throwing a punch through the window at the driver and then dragging him out of the car and begin to arrest him for <insert false charge here>.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Trayvon could have called 911 if he felt threatened just as Zimmerman did and likely in this situation would not have reached the level it did.

I don't dial 911. Why would anyone....for the cops to ID your body? "Yeah, that him Bob .. glad we stopped for donuts ... going to be a long night of completing paperwork ... dang, I hate these guys who dial 911"