View Poll Results: Is it reasonable to maintain a LOS to an individual casing homes?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Undecided

0 0%

Thread: Is it reasonable to maintain a LOS to an individual casing homes?

Is it reasonable to maintain a LOS to an individual casing homes?

Zimmerman's neighborhood had a long history of burglaries, particularly burglaries by an individual(s) matching Martin's general description. Martin was observed to be walking close to homes and looking inside them. We now know that Martin has a history of stealing (he was suspended for having stolen women's jewelry and tools for burglray in his locker), so it is very likely that he was looking for a home to burglarize and that Zimmerman was able to discern this intent from his highly suspicious behavior. I maintain that Zimmerman was entirely justified to exit his vehicle and maintain a line of sight to Martin so that the police could be informed of Martin's position.

Banned
    Of course he doesn't. What he has, what we all have, are the media reports of the break-ins. And this would be from a media predisposed NOT to report news that supports Zimmerman's defense.

To the OP: Of course Z was justified in keeping an eye on M. It was just unwise to do so--as Z found out shortly later. M may not have been the precise kind of thug that Z initially suspected, but he was a thug nonetheless, a violent thug. Thugs don't like eyes being kept on them

Is it reasonable to maintain a LOS to an individual casing homes?

Yes. I investigated any disturbance and called the cops frequently. The PD is a proponent of the broken-window theory of community policing, holding that little deficiencies uncorrected embolden misdemeanants. Chief Roddy Perry answered "don't lose the streets" to Chief Reuben Greenberg's book Let's Take Back Our Streets.

I was prez for some years of a crumbling 250 household HOA. First we survived the departure of the developer (his money) from the board, then H. Hugo and finally the discovery of a meth-lab a hundred feet from my doorstep. At each turning, the PD crime prevention CSO's were on us to be more proactive. After the meth-lab, Chief Roddy Perry advised me to be a "good nosy neighbor."

The homeowner went away promptly, but the chemist may still be there years later. He took to upsetting the single ladies in the neighborhood, and they rang my phone a lot. I took to having the dummy black&white parked in front of my house and not concealing within the neighborhood (OC is still largely prohibited in that state).
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Since it's been established that it is reasonable to maintain a LOS to a "youth" who is casing homes (especially in a neighborhood plagued by burglaries from "youths"), why do "progressives" [sic] maintain that Zimmerman was incomprehensibly, immensely wicked for...*GASP*...getting out of his vehicle and following Martin from a large distance?