• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

safety checkpoints

77zach

I'm so sick of the swine and their "drug dogs". The dogs are just for show. They WILL say the dog "alerted" no matter what. It's happened to me. I told them if they planted anything, I would ruin their lives. They did make the dog "alert", and they didn't plant anything, thank God. This was in South Carolina.

Thanks neocons for your "war on drugs", which is actually a war on freedom.

56brd

GOOGLE is really helpful.... i typed in "scotus said turn around at dui checkpoint" and it came up on the first page...

I will just be forced to accept that I am completely inept. I did exactly as instructed. I read for about 3 hours.
I do understand, that is not an eternity, but it certainly was more than just a quick glance.

If I were to turn around at a safety check today and was arrested I could not cite a particular case from SCOK
nor SCOTUS to back my argument that my constitutional rights were violated.

willy1094

Cellphones have eliminated any argument for check points for safety. Anyone weaving on the road is pretty easy to spot and will get called in. The police have more "eyes" on the road than EVER before.

I almost slammed into a cop one night. I was going to Pike county and saw about 4 police cruisers pulled to left side and 1 on the right side. I thought it was an accident and pulled to the right to move away from the "emergency". I almost didn't notice the officer standing in the middle of the road (highway) with his arm up. This was a wide highway (23) and I was the only one on the road at that hour. I just wasn't expecting anyone to be in the middle of the road. I thought for sure they would pull me out for suspicion of drunk driving. :uhoh: