Thread: Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions

Hi all, I am new to this site and new to gun ownership.
    I applied for and received my permit to carry. I have also purchased a gun however, I have never so much as shot a gun in my life. I was wondering if any members could give any advice on where to go to take a few classes on gun safety and gun shooting/control.
    I Live in Lowell Indiana.

South Bend, Indiana, USA
    Hi, and welcome to OCDO and the community of responsible gun owners.

I applaud you in your decisions to 1) buy a firearm and be responsible for your own protection and 2) learn how to protect yourself with your new firearm.

Sadly, I am not familiar with your part of the state. There is likely to be an instructor in Crown Point, but I do not know for sure.

Sorry to be so little help.

Best of luck, and again, welcome!

Nashville, TN
    OP, it is great you asked for help. I am not familiar with your area but i would google a shooting range near you and stop in and explain your situation. They often have classes that can familize you with the firearm and give you some good shooting/reloading advice/pointers to get you started on the right foot. A lot of ranges have specials certain nights too.

Welcome to the OC forum and Indiana! (home of the pork tenderloin sandwich!)...

Here's a link that can probably help you out.

Let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by Murphy; 07-06-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    "Go back to sleep....Your Government will take care of you...."