Thread: Salem coliseum grounds

Salem coliseum grounds

Im heading to Salem for tha fair. There are always police writing tickets for various things on parked cars. I asked one how do you write a ticket for a legally parked car that is not occupied....he replied that it is city property and a public right of way...so its the same as if on the road. They write for inspections, registrations, etc. Ok, if it is city property...then can I carry inside the fair...not in the coliseum but on coliseum grounds? Any help or experience here?
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    Im heading to Salem for tha fair. There are always police writing tickets for various things on parked cars. I asked one how do you write a ticket for a legally parked car that is not occupied....he replied that it is city property and a public right of way...so its the same as if on the road. They write for inspections, registrations, etc. Ok, if it is city property...then can I carry inside the fair...not in the coliseum but on coliseum grounds? Any help or experience here?
    You might wait for some advice on this one. I have this vague recollection of police opposition and something quirky about the Salem coliseum. I think this has come up before, but can't recall anything about it.

You might try the search feature in the meantime.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I have this vague recollection of police opposition
    Your recollection is accurate.

I wouldn't let that dissuade anyone from attending the fair, however. I plan to attend with my family this year.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosta Dojen View Post
    Your recollection is accurate.

I wouldn't let that dissuade anyone from attending the fair, however. I plan to attend with my family this year.
    Yeah, but there was something quirky about it. Or, maybe instead of the coliseum, maybe it was the Civic Center. I don't recall. I just have this vague recollection of the government twisting things in its favor against OC or something.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Yeah, but there was something quirky about it. Or, maybe instead of the coliseum, maybe it was the Civic Center. I don't recall. I just have this vague recollection of the government twisting things in its favor against OC or something.
    I believe the quirk you are thinking of is in regards to the Civic Center (or any public land) where a non governmental organization/company leases the property for use from the county/city and can set their own rules banning firearms outside of preemption. I believe the Salem Fair, however, does not fall under that quirk as it is funded by the City of Salem and is not under a leased arrangement.

ETA: "(or any public land)" and "from the county/city" for further clarification.
    Last edited by Sesrun; 07-01-2013 at 12:02 PM.

went well

approached the fair entrance, LARGE sign stating all that is prohibited....drugs and such....then "illegal weapons prohibited"... my remington .45 isnt illegal so I proceeded. Damn if it didnt rain, im like a rain dance with my steel guns. No problems, some looks. As I exited, saw several state troopers eyeballing my piece but said nothing, they had dogs, lots of dogs and bigger fish to angle for. It was actually peaceful....open carried all through Roanoke and Martinsville, im sitting in a nice motel now with a full booking in the whole city of Martinsville due to some lacross tournament that drew people from Maryland, Pa, about five states. Got my glock, no rain....Desert Eagle....RAIN. Lots of looks from the out of towners but the motel clerk actually walked with me, rode the elevator alone and showed me the last remaining room they had while I open carried with my new Bianchi 101 loop holster....loved the new holster so much I got 2 at town police supply $11 each. No problems anywhere....Tokyo express, Biscuitville, Town police supply, etc. Found 2 brand new factory five seven 20 round mags at town for $30 each...they are RARE, $100 each online....damn happy

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    while I open carried with my new Bianchi 101 loop holster....loved the new holster so much I got 2 at town police supply $11 each.
    This? Looks pretty cool. Definitely a very OPEN carry holster.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 07-06-2013 at 11:39 PM.

yep

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post

TFred
    I love it, got one for both sides....wish I had thought of this simple money maker. most of the time I wear a gun belt through no pant loops, it allows strong side draw, cross draw , mexican(holstered) and weak hand calvary draw by simply sliding my holster, also allows me to slide holster for any sort of reason while wearing my regular belt to hold my pants on my fat butt...

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post

TFred
    LOVE that holster. It's now on my wish list!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    LOVE that holster. It's now on my wish list!
    You do realize it's not a holster, don't you Tess?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Whachewtalkinbout, Willis?

'Splain yourself, Lucy.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Whachewtalkinbout, Willis?

'Splain yourself, Lucy.

stay safe.
    All it is is a piece of leather. You put your gun between the thing and your belt.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Its not what I expected June 21, 2013
    By Jack G.
    Amazon Verified Purchase
    Theres no photo of someone using it, so I thought it was a holster you put on your belt. Turns out, it just adds an outer layer to your belt, to create a pocket to holster then gun. I honestly have not tried to wear it, I imagine the retention is just ok. The leather is good, because its bianchi, but other than that. Its just ok.

Last edited by peter nap; 07-07-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It's designed to hold the gun, and cover the trigger guard. Holster in my book. I'm not sure I'd want to carry with it all the time, but I do like its simplicity. And when you're my size, you don't worry about anything being too loose.

Yes, I realize some would call it a half-holster; its first mention in this thread called it a loop holster.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ah so, half as holster
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.