• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gay pride???

KBCraig

If you choose to ignore the context of our current culture and the cultures it immediately sprung from...

I knew someone would pick that particular nit rather than deal with the substance. Thanks for proving my hunch right.

Care to deal with the substance of the post, or just nibble around the edges?

Speaking of nits to pick, I believe I dealt with the substance of your comments quite thoroughly, in the rest of my post that you snipped.

Mavasaur

All of my ads are gun stuff :p

But, I am a web design student, soooo.. Yes, these ads are produced by Google Adsense, which does indeed post ads tailored to 'you'. So your ads are indeed there because of your browsing history on your computer.

Logan 5

re: gay pride

I'm kinda mixed here.
If they wanna be gay, be gay.

I

don't

care

!

What they do in their private life is none of my concern.

But using ads and spam to shove the idea down my throat is self-defeating.

IMNSHO.

AJax

I'm kinda mixed here.
If they wanna be gay, be gay.

I

don't

care

!

What they do in their private life is none of my concern.

But using ads and spam to shove the idea down my throat is self-defeating.

IMNSHO.

It isn't really a choice for them, but alright.

They're not really shoving the idea down your throat. You don't have to click the ad.

eye95

Regardless of inclinations and where they come from, assuming typical mental competency, behavior is always a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Logan 5

It isn't really a choice for them, but alright.

They're not really shoving the idea down your throat. You don't have to click the ad.
Ad? WHAT ad? I'm not gay and have no interest in gays, so I don't get that kind of stuff.
Could you explain this to me, please?

I'm so confused. Suddenly gays choose the OP's browsing history for him??? :eek:
Things that make ya go "hmmm". :banana:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Ad? WHAT ad? I'm not gay and have no interest in gays, so I don't get that kind of stuff.
Could you explain this to me, please?

The original post was about "gay pride" ads here on the site. But the ads on this site are google adsense, which bases ads on your browsing history.

Chuckles ensued.

Logan 5

Download and install Ghostery and Google AdSense will become a thing of the past.

AJax

Regardless of inclinations and where they come from, assuming typical mental competency, behavior is always a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

True, which is why so many homosexuals stay in the closet for such a long time. They CHOOSE not to reveal it (because of the bigotry that is still so prevalent in the US, unfortunately).

No, sexual orientation is not a choice. Whether a homosexual chooses to act on their orientation is, but their actual attraction to the same sex is not.