Thread: A Brief Review of World War Z the movie, academic research for Economics &the Undead

A Brief Review of World War Z the movie, academic research for Economics &the Undead

"Moderately fun to watch, but barely more intelligent than the zombies themselves. ... But itís a shame that the adaptation process essentially stripped the story of nearly all its intellectual content, and much of its internal consistency as well." http://www.volokh.com/2013/07/01/bri...f-world-war-z/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Moderately fun to watch, but barely more intelligent than the zombies themselves. ... But itís a shame that the adaptation process essentially stripped the story of nearly all its intellectual content, and much of its internal consistency as well." http://www.volokh.com/2013/07/01/bri...f-world-war-z/
    Thanks for the heads up, I guess the wife and I will save our money for a better movie.
    Last edited by zack991; 07-01-2013 at 06:30 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    If youíre in the mood for some relatively mindless zombie-like entertainment, the movie will do

from the article

Strippers v. Zombies (or Zombies v. Strippers) might be a good alternative ... no nudity if I recall, just what the title says ...

zombieland was a good movie ...

Re: A Brief Review of World War Z the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Well they are gearing the content at the majority or the audience, simple content for simple people. Hell, newspaper/media writers are told to write for a readers at the a 6th grade level. Our society has been so dumbed down, no wonder the a$$hats in office think they can get away with anything, why? Well, because they can. Get caught doing something really bad just have some lacky get caught wearing diapers and humping pole dancers and "poof" the public with the attention span of a nat has forgotten your vile deeds. We get the government we as a nation have earned...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

ďYour beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.Ē by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If youíre in the mood for some relatively mindless zombie-like entertainment, the movie will do

from the article

Strippers v. Zombies (or Zombies v. Strippers) might be a good alternative ... no nudity if I recall, just what the title says ...

zombieland was a good movie ...
    Watched that the other night, it was fun to watch. My wife was asking what they hell is this all about when she had seen I had watched it on netflix.
    Last edited by zack991; 07-04-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Watch that the other night, it was good fun to watch. My wife was asking what they hell is this about when she had seen I had watched it on netflix.
    Hope no dog pound for ya ...