• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Joseph

Pac10

Hey all, another new guy here from St Joe. Been lurking around for a while and contacting Reps when suggested for supporting open carry. I just feel that a law abiding citizen shouldn't have to hide his side arm because the uninformed do not know how to deal with it. I open carry some and have not had any issues yet, just some disapproving looks. Maybe us St Joe folks should meet and see if we can help support the work of others?

Walter pk

I live in st joe and have been ocing for about 6 years now and had only one problem with Leo's and that was 4 years ago not any problems since, there is a meet and greet for coffee Saturday morning at Starbucks come one come all

chakragod

Anyone on here from St. Joseph? What's the climate like? I've OC'd a couple times around town, and gotten kicked from North belt walmart, but haven't seen anyone else OCing lately. Any takers?

I have a funny story about the south Belt Walmart...I was OCing with my wife walking in one day, and one of the little old walmart greeting ladies asked me to stay with her while she got a manager to check to see if I was OK to shop while OCing. I kinda rolled my eyes and thought, "Here we go..." The manager came over (a woman in her 20's) and just said, "Yeah he's fine, it's legal."

My jaw about dropped, and I said thank you and went about my business. Never had any problems with law enforcement...was even pulled over once with it on my hip, officer never said a word about it.

OC for ME

Not a St. Joe story but related somewhat.

I was talking to a couple of Troy cops at the Lincoln County Fair, well, I over heard them talking and butted in. Anyway, they were discussing a 911 MWAG call received recently and dissing on idiot people who go nuts over seeing a gun on a person's hip. I asked, "what did the dispatcher tell the responding cop?" "We did not respond, well started to roll that direction.", they said. "Why not?" "Well, the dispatcher asked one simple little question, what kind of gun is it?", "I don't know it's in a holster." The dispatcher educated the caller.

That is evidence of OC progress.