Thread: chalk drawing guy found not guilty --

Banned

chalk drawing guy found not guilty --

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...lowTwt_SDBrand

The city charged Olson with vandalism after writing anti-Wall Street messages in chalk on public sidewalks and streets in front of a bank.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz2XvFr1r9e

The prosecutor must feel real proud of himself ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Im glad he was found not guilty.

Question though, if someone were to spray water on the chalk, would they be guilty of anything ?
    Destroying evidence? Then the question becomes: Who do they blame if it rains?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ldsgeek View Post
    Destroying evidence? Then the question becomes: Who do they blame if it rains?
    Other likely charges include

uncontrolled and unlicensed release of di-hydrogen monoxide into the environment
    violating water restrictions
    misuse of contents in violation of label directions

Who do they blame if it rains? Well, they seem rather a godless bunch, and since He seems able to resist summons, I guess they can't blame God. Mother Nature could retaliate by sending even more rain, so she's out. Given their propensity to blaming the wrong thing, e.g. gun control, I'm guessing meteorologists in the immediate vicinity would be in jeopardy.

Half the girls in my third-grade woulda been locked up for hopscotch. Hmmmm. That woulda solved that pesky cooties problem, though.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Question though, if someone were to spray water on the chalk, would they be guilty of anything ?
    That would have been part of my defense strategy: if it was a public sidewalk, the bank had no more authority to pressure-wash it than he did to chalk it in the first place.

The "monetary damage" was part of the charge, with the claim that the bank had spent over $6,000 on cleanup. Their charitable donation to city cleanliness is appreciated, but not tax deductable.