• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chalk drawing guy found not guilty --

Ca Patriot

Im glad he was found not guilty.

Question though, if someone were to spray water on the chalk, would they be guilty of anything ?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Destroying evidence? Then the question becomes: Who do they blame if it rains?

Other likely charges include

uncontrolled and unlicensed release of di-hydrogen monoxide into the environment
violating water restrictions
misuse of contents in violation of label directions

Who do they blame if it rains? Well, they seem rather a godless bunch, and since He seems able to resist summons, I guess they can't blame God. Mother Nature could retaliate by sending even more rain, so she's out. Given their propensity to blaming the wrong thing, e.g. gun control, I'm guessing meteorologists in the immediate vicinity would be in jeopardy.

Half the girls in my third-grade woulda been locked up for hopscotch. Hmmmm. That woulda solved that pesky cooties problem, though.

KBCraig

Question though, if someone were to spray water on the chalk, would they be guilty of anything ?

That would have been part of my defense strategy: if it was a public sidewalk, the bank had no more authority to pressure-wash it than he did to chalk it in the first place.

The "monetary damage" was part of the charge, with the claim that the bank had spent over $6,000 on cleanup. Their charitable donation to city cleanliness is appreciated, but not tax deductable. ;)