• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms Board Member Says Malloy Wants To Boot Him For Pro-Gun Stance

davidmcbeth

Banned
Kuck was originally appointed to the board by Gov. John G. Rowland in 1998. After M. Jodi Rell became governor, she asked the Gun Guild to provide the names of three nominees for the spot. Kuck, who is treasurer of the Guild, said the group replied that it was not obligated to identify multiple nominees, "and if she didn't like that, we'd send up three names, and they'd be Peter Kuck, Peter Kuck and Peter Kuck."

from the article ...

Thats the ticket .... or nominate me ... I would give permits to anyone who has their gun rights intact .. irregardless of anything else .. you have your gun rights? Here's your permit.

Edward Peruta

· Mr. Peter Kuck as a private citizen and member of the Board of Firearms is well aware of the the fact that old and new Connecticut firearm laws, regulations and policies have never been reviewed following the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Heller 2008 and McDonald 2010. One only has to follow the postings on these firearm related message boards to find problems with current law enforcement activities.

Regardless of whether you like firearms or not, supporting Constitutional rights should be a priority to everyone.

For those who seek the removal or replacement of individuals who support Second Amendment rights, consider the fact that there are those in government and the private sector who seek to contol and/or remove those that gather and report news and support the 1st amendment.

The news outlets we depend on to keep us informed, often choose a social or political position and then write and edit their articles and reports with a specific editorial agenda in mind.

As a supporter of 1st and 2nd amendment rights, I would like to see editorial opinions limited to the editorial page segment of the news and left out of regular news reports.

DDoutel

Hear, Hear!

Boy, Ed! Couldn't agree with your post more; looked at another way, an agenda is merely a form of opinion, and we all know that opinions are like A**H**ES; everyone has one. Reporters of the news have an obligation NOT to pull it out of their A**es.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
· Mr. Peter Kuck as a private citizen and member of the Board of Firearms is well aware of the the fact that old and new Connecticut firearm laws, regulations and policies have never been reviewed following the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Heller 2008 and McDonald 2010. One only has to follow the postings on these firearm related message boards to find problems with current law enforcement activities.

Regardless of whether you like firearms or not, supporting Constitutional rights should be a priority to everyone.

For those who seek the removal or replacement of individuals who support Second Amendment rights, consider the fact that there are those in government and the private sector who seek to contol and/or remove those that gather and report news and support the 1st amendment.

The news outlets we depend on to keep us informed, often choose a social or political position and then write and edit their articles and reports with a specific editorial agenda in mind.

As a supporter of 1st and 2nd amendment rights, I would like to see editorial opinions limited to the editorial page segment of the news and left out of regular news reports.

Don't even pure news articles have some degree of political agenda? After all, they choose to print/publish one story but not another. This selection process itself is political.