• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AW and LCM Registration forms online

AGust82

A thumbprint, huh? Maybe I'm not seeing it anywhere. Who is authorized to take the print? How about being notorized? The form has a spot for it but it doesn't say it's required.

Jared

I wouldn't register sh it.

Actually,I think we should. At least non-residents. Would it hurt to let them know about a couple of normal capacity magazines we have. Give the state police some more paperwork :). And we can tell them to pound sand on the SSN since they are violating Section 7 of the Privacy Act.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The forms require an affidavit to complete ... PA13-3 specifically states a declaration is what is required.

They are different and the penalties between the form and a simple declaration are different.

PA13-3. Sec. 23 (e)(3) I believe .. one can just search "declaration" and find the appropriate sections too.

I have already filed my declaration back in April or May ... told them to pound sand basically....telling them that I need not disclose if I have any or don't have any such registrable items.

DESPP and OLM have already said that providing the information that they desire creates a risk of death for those that disclose (I asked them for the same information as the act requires of us in the registration process and they responded back that providing such information would create a safety risk for them).

I wrote to my representative already....

davidmcbeth

Banned
(4) The certificate of possession shall contain a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely, including all identification marks, the full name, address, date of birth and thumbprint of the owner, and any other information as the department may deem appropriate.

from PA13-3 .. thumbprint

customcreationllc

What is a sworn affidavit?

What stops someone form saying they 10million mags.

Do they written the official law yet so we know what is an AW.

Rim fire pistols going to be included? Just sounds stupid they are not for rifles.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
What is a sworn affidavit?

What stops someone form saying they 10million mags.

Do they written the official law yet so we know what is an AW.

Rim fire pistols going to be included? Just sounds stupid they are not for rifles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affidavit see for ? about affidavit

Nobody can stop you from saying you have 10 MM mags .. expect a search of your house though ... such a claim would likely be good enough for a search warrant. Then expect to be arrested for perjury. (see affidavit)

Law is written PA13-3 go to legislative website to view, print, examine the law

Rim fires? I imagine that some mags would be included (possibly pistols~I have not examined the law for these in detail) ... see PA13-3 for requirements of registration

Still having issues? Call your representative and demand answers from them, do not expect DESPP to be honest with any queries.

Of course, PA13-3 does not require an AFFIDAVIT .... it requires a DECLARATION, which is a different legal instrument. This is only one of the many issues I have with the forms..

Last edited:

motoxmann

both DESPP and SLFU are both DEMANDING that you include your correct SSN on both forms, both saying that if the SSN field is left blank they will NOT accept the application/form and will immediately return it/them back to you.

this is direct violation of the Privacy Act of 1974

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires all government agencies — federal, state and local — that request SSNs to provide a "disclosure" statement on the form. The statement explains whether you are required to provide your SSN or if it’s optional, how the SSN will be used, and under what statutory or other authority the number is requested (5 USC 552a, note). The U.S. Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) provides guidance and oversight regarding the Privacy Act of 1974. The text of the Privacy Act can be found at the Web site http://www.justice.gov/opcl/privstat.htm.

The Privacy Act states that you cannot be denied a government benefit or service if you refuse to disclose your SSN unless the disclosure is required by federal law, or the disclosure is to an agency that has been using SSNs before January 1975, when the Privacy Act went into effect. There are other exceptions as well. Read the Code of Federal Regulations section here: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2008/julqtr/28cfr16.53.htm.

until they follow federal law, I'm not registering shet

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Motoxmann,

I assumed you called and spoke to DESPP employees ... call up your representatives now and ask them how the PA 1974 does not apply.

Ya know DESPP lies and lies and lies man ... sorry you got all upset by these bozos.

The law requires you to file .. if you send it in, that's filing it right? And if they send it back, well you still filed right? Wonder if that's good enough...

DESPP is full of a**holes , some good folks there but the a**holes suck all that goodness and toss it into the trash.

Or go over der with your camera rolling ! Hand it in and walk away and refuse to take the papers back if you so desire. Run away ! Run away!

And "return to sender" is your best friend.

You have until 1 JAN anyway ... I would wait until the last day.

They ask for weight too ~ put it in some obscure units, like um/sec^2 units ... (u=unified atomic mass unit)

or just say "varies due to changes in gravitational force" (which is true!) ; plus your mass changes daily ; F=ma m=mass a=acceleration due to gravity (which is not constant on our planet~per the Chemistry and Physics Handbook, any year) Blind them with science!

So have fun, don't be glum...

Jared

both DESPP and SLFU are both DEMANDING that you include your correct SSN on both forms, both saying that if the SSN field is left blank they will NOT accept the application/form and will immediately return it/them back to you.

this is direct violation of the Privacy Act of 1974

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires all government agencies — federal, state and local — that request SSNs to provide a "disclosure" statement on the form. The statement explains whether you are required to provide your SSN or if it’s optional, how the SSN will be used, and under what statutory or other authority the number is requested (5 USC 552a, note). The U.S. Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) provides guidance and oversight regarding the Privacy Act of 1974. The text of the Privacy Act can be found at the Web site http://www.justice.gov/opcl/privstat.htm.

The Privacy Act states that you cannot be denied a government benefit or service if you refuse to disclose your SSN unless the disclosure is required by federal law, or the disclosure is to an agency that has been using SSNs before January 1975, when the Privacy Act went into effect. There are other exceptions as well. Read the Code of Federal Regulations section here: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2008/julqtr/28cfr16.53.htm.

until they follow federal law, I'm not registering shet

I'm curious, has CCDL filed a complaint with the federal government or asked for injunctive relief or something of similar nature?

They can't just break federal law with SSN's. they very well could get slapped by Uncle Sam. Also, non-immigrant aliens (for the most part) do not have SSN's.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm curious, has CCDL filed a complaint with the federal government or asked for injunctive relief or something of similar nature?

They can't just break federal law with SSN's. they very well could get slapped by Uncle Sam. Also, non-immigrant aliens (for the most part) do not have SSN's.

the law says :name, address, thumbprint, yada yada ... OTHER INFORMATION

Does not say ANY OTHER , just OTHER...so it must be a relevant and a lawful request.

And the certification is asking you to agree to several LEGAL CONCLUSIONS which is not proper....they expect everyone to be a supreme court justice? And you are free to disagree with current case law and untested law.

Last edited: