Thread: Saw my first OC'er up close.

Saw my first OC'er up close.

Saw my first OC'er up close this morning at the Drayton Cafe in Waterford. He was busy talking with another gentleman, so I didn't bother him. Maybe next time.

Are you OK?
    What did the OCer smell like? I ask cuz some folks say there is a very distinctive odor.
    Did any others near by faint or befall a case of the vapors?
    Did SWAT show up?
    What did any little kids do if any were in the vicinity?
    Was he sporting a ugly gun, or one of those petite European metrosexual guns?
    Got a photo? I hear seeing a OCer is like Big Foot sighting up in those parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Are you OK?
    What did the OCer smell like? I ask cuz some folks say there is a very distinctive odor.
    Did SWAT show up?
    Got a photo? I hear seeing a OCer is like Big Foot sighting up in those parts of the country.

He looked like a normal guy to me.

Re: Saw my first OC'er up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    Saw my first OC'er up close this morning at the Drayton Cafe in Waterford. He was busy talking with another gentleman, so I didn't bother him. Maybe next time.
    So to be clear - the Drayton Cafe had two OCers in it at the same time? That gent & you? Cool! :thumbup:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Are you OK?
    Did SWAT show up?

lol ... clearly the OP did not faint at the sight of an OCer.

I saw a guy OCing recently .. I called the cops ... was told by the dispatcher that the guy was a cop ... I asked to speak the the dispatcher's supervisor lol

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    So to be clear - the Drayton Cafe had two OCers in it at the same time? That gent & you? Cool! :thumbup:
    No, I wish it were so, but I was not carrying at the time. I know, bad me!

hey no biggie, if the SHTF chances are if that OCer was one like the hard core OCers like Michigander, Evilcreamsicle, and a host of others here, you'd have been covered. I cannot leave the house unarmed. Tried it once, just couldn't shake the nagging feeling that the one time I needed them I wouldn't have them. Went back, armed up and went about my day in peace but ready for war... because one never knows when all hell will break loose. Nothing worse then bringing a finger pistol to a gun fight or getting caught unarmed by some clowns.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KNTahw-DY
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

hey no biggie, if the SHTF chances are if that OCer was one like the hard core OCers like Michigander, Evilcreamsicle, and a host of others here, you'd have been covered. I cannot leave the house unarmed. Tried it once, just couldn't shake the nagging feeling that the one time I needed them I wouldn't have them. Went back, armed up and went about my day in peace but ready for war... because one never knows when all hell will break loose. Nothing worse then bringing a finger pistol to a gun fight or getting caught unarmed by some clowns.
    I noticed the use of the word "them". I don't go out of the house without "them" either.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    same here.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I noticed the use of the word "them". I don't go out of the house without "them" either.
    Nothing gets by you sir +1! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Ha... I have kids and can't leave "them" laying around, so even IN the house I have "them" on me...

100% of home invasions happen in the home... lol
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

I have the same problem...once having gone back and retrieved my pistol after having decided not to bring it on a short drive to get gas for my lawnmower. Don't leave home without it.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

There's maybe 2 times I left my house without my firearms. The first time, I went to Mason Urgent care, thinking I had pneumonia, because I felt really bad. Ended up taking an ambulance ride from there to Sparrow hospital in Lansing with congestive heart failure. The 2nd time was 2 years later. Again felt really bad, but in a slightly different way. This time, went straight to the hospital, got admitted with with ulcerative cellulitus in my right leg, and numerous bacterial infections. Spent half a month in the hospital, and then 2 months in a rehab facility.

I'm really afraid to leave my house without my guns now. I figure if I do, I'm doomed to end up in the hospital again.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Are you OK?
    Did SWAT show up?

Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!