• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw my first OC'er up close.

OC for ME

Are you OK?
What did the OCer smell like? I ask cuz some folks say there is a very distinctive odor.
Did any others near by faint or befall a case of the vapors?
Did SWAT show up?
What did any little kids do if any were in the vicinity?
Was he sporting a ugly gun, or one of those petite European metrosexual guns?
Got a photo? I hear seeing a OCer is like Big Foot sighting up in those parts of the country.

;)

Outdoorsman

Are you OK?
What did the OCer smell like? I ask cuz some folks say there is a very distinctive odor.
Did SWAT show up?
Got a photo? I hear seeing a OCer is like Big Foot sighting up in those parts of the country.

;)

He looked like a normal guy to me.

FreeInAZ

Saw my first OC'er up close this morning at the Drayton Cafe in Waterford. He was busy talking with another gentleman, so I didn't bother him. Maybe next time.

So to be clear - the Drayton Cafe had two OCers in it at the same time? That gent & you? Cool! :thumbup:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Are you OK?
Did SWAT show up?

;)

lol ... clearly the OP did not faint at the sight of an OCer.

I saw a guy OCing recently .. I called the cops ... was told by the dispatcher that the guy was a cop ... I asked to speak the the dispatcher's supervisor lol

FreeInAZ

hey no biggie, if the SHTF chances are if that OCer was one like the hard core OCers like Michigander, Evilcreamsicle, and a host of others here, you'd have been covered. I cannot leave the house unarmed. Tried it once, just couldn't shake the nagging feeling that the one time I needed them I wouldn't have them. Went back, armed up and went about my day in peace but ready for war... because one never knows when all hell will break loose. ;) Nothing worse then bringing a finger pistol to a gun fight or getting caught unarmed by some clowns.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KNTahw-DY

B

Bikenut

hey no biggie, if the SHTF chances are if that OCer was one like the hard core OCers like Michigander, Evilcreamsicle, and a host of others here, you'd have been covered. I cannot leave the house unarmed. Tried it once, just couldn't shake the nagging feeling that the one time I needed them I wouldn't have them. Went back, armed up and went about my day in peace but ready for war... because one never knows when all hell will break loose. ;) Nothing worse then bringing a finger pistol to a gun fight or getting caught unarmed by some clowns.
I noticed the use of the word "them". I don't go out of the house without "them" either. :D

HKcarrier

I noticed the use of the word "them". I don't go out of the house without "them" either. :D

Ha... I have kids and can't leave "them" laying around, so even IN the house I have "them" on me... ;)

100% of home invasions happen in the home... lol

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

I have the same problem...once having gone back and retrieved my pistol after having decided not to bring it on a short drive to get gas for my lawnmower. Don't leave home without it.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
There's maybe 2 times I left my house without my firearms. The first time, I went to Mason Urgent care, thinking I had pneumonia, because I felt really bad. Ended up taking an ambulance ride from there to Sparrow hospital in Lansing with congestive heart failure. The 2nd time was 2 years later. Again felt really bad, but in a slightly different way. This time, went straight to the hospital, got admitted with with ulcerative cellulitus in my right leg, and numerous bacterial infections. Spent half a month in the hospital, and then 2 months in a rehab facility.

I'm really afraid to leave my house without my guns now. I figure if I do, I'm doomed to end up in the hospital again. :)

RugarRev

Are you OK?
Did SWAT show up?

;)

:D:D:D Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!:D:D:D