• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

browns island fireworks tonight 7/3/13

thedevilrobyjohn

Anyone with experience or knowledge on oc policies there. Its city property. Rules say no alcohol, tents, metal containers of anykind(my gun is metal and contains bullets). Nothing I can find says contrary to guns. I did read that all bags will be searched. Im gonna walk the canal from shockhoe like we do weekly, I wouldnt even dream of going un gunned anywhere near any of that. There are always shootings and robberies very near the vicinity of where we were or where we parked some hours after we leave.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Anyone with experience or knowledge on oc policies there. Its city property. Rules say no alcohol, tents, metal containers of anykind(my gun is metal and contains bullets). Nothing I can find says contrary to guns. I did read that all bags will be searched. Im gonna walk the canal from shockhoe like we do weekly, I wouldnt even dream of going un gunned anywhere near any of that. There are always shootings and robberies very near the vicinity of where we were or where we parked some hours after we leave.

As far as I know OC/CC is fine there. I use the canal walk often OC'ing with absolutely no issues. It's also one of those places I wouldn't go without a gun.

Take a recorder. Richmond cops rate high on the Stoopid Scale.

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

As far as I know OC/CC is fine there. I use the canal walk often OC'ing with absolutely no issues. It's also one of those places I wouldn't go without a gun.

Take a recorder. Richmond cops rate high on the Stoopid Scale.

gotta get a recorder, im a magnet. Would love a few peaceful weeks, think my family would too. We will see how Martinsville and NC go. Oh well, ill be pushng a stroller down the canal walk tonight. Ill be the idiot in the cowboy hat, stop and say hi.......

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
gotta get a recorder, im a magnet. Would love a few peaceful weeks, think my family would too. We will see how Martinsville and NC go. Oh well, ill be pushng a stroller down the canal walk tonight. Ill be the idiot in the cowboy hat, stop and say hi.......

Hope you enjoy it but I won't be seeing you. I've spent too much time in the burbs lately anyway but the 4th is when we have our annual board of directors meeting followed by a Bar B Q followed by several shooting matches.

It's how I celebrate freedom when so many others are being searched, groped, questioned and showing their CHP's.

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

Hope you enjoy it but I won't be seeing you. I've spent too much time in the burbs lately anyway but the 4th is when we have our annual board of directors meeting followed by a Bar B Q followed by several shooting matches.

It's how I celebrate freedom when so many others are being searched, groped, questioned and showing their CHP's.

looks like ill be floating down the canal unless it is postponed. depending on how much I had to pay her, dont mind the groping. Plan on some shooting myself, its always alone...would love to shoot with some others but not at that preppy place where I am brow beaten until I cant see straight. Love all the whispers and"watch this guy, attitude". Miss that 72 acre farm in Bassett.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
looks like ill be floating down the canal unless it is postponed. depending on how much I had to pay her, dont mind the groping. Plan on some shooting myself, its always alone...would love to shoot with some others but not at that preppy place where I am brow beaten until I cant see straight. Love all the whispers and"watch this guy, attitude". Miss that 72 acre farm in Bassett.

Oh...you must be talking about Colonial, that anti gun range run by that used boat salesman!:lol:

It does remind me of a "The Partridge family buys a gun", movie:banana:

thedevilrobyjohn

all is well

parked in shockhoe(shhothoe/robhoe) slip...dont steal my humor.....walked canal to some fancy bar on the water while my mom, not carrying...had a fruity mixed drink...they approached us and invited us in.....seeing my gun, they didnt even care and let us set while mom had her drink. I could have had one while oc but I was also cc'ing, big surprise, right? none for me. As we approached the browns island area.....damn I was tired and drenched from carrying that double stroller with one of my girls in it up those four or five sets of stairs...I saw all of the yellow jackets(RVA event staff) and thought...uh oh. I was strong side carrying and he was on my weak side. He was more concerned about glass bottles and purses than me.....he didnt see it and I didnt point it out. I walked, ate, etc...no problem but a few looks...I felt as if any minute I would be approached...not to happen. A female city cop saw me...gazed for a minute and did nothing. I left and returned through another entrance five or six times for food and restrooms. These were located off of the island on the street...they seemed to be only looking for coolers, containers and bottles...I really think that no RMC staff ever even seen it. The website said no bottles, tents, coolers, metal containers, no glass, etc...said nothin of weapons. Love it when something says "no illegal weapons" , they didnt but some do....guess I can carry a gun but not nuncnucks? makes sense to me, ill just leave the telescoping baton and butterfly knife in the bushes, makes more room for my extra mag

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
parked in shockhoe(shhothoe/robhoe) slip...dont steal my humor.....walked canal to some fancy bar on the water while my mom, not carrying...had a fruity mixed drink...they approached us and invited us in.....seeing my gun, they didnt even care and let us set while mom had her drink. I could have had one while oc but I was also cc'ing, big surprise, right? none for me. As we approached the browns island area.....damn I was tired and drenched from carrying that double stroller with one of my girls in it up those four or five sets of stairs...I saw all of the yellow jackets(RVA event staff) and thought...uh oh. I was strong side carrying and he was on my weak side. He was more concerned about glass bottles and purses than me.....he didnt see it and I didnt point it out. I walked, ate, etc...no problem but a few looks...I felt as if any minute I would be approached...not to happen. A female city cop saw me...gazed for a minute and did nothing. I left and returned through another entrance five or six times for food and restrooms. These were located off of the island on the street...they seemed to be only looking for coolers, containers and bottles...I really think that no RMC staff ever even seen it. The website said no bottles, tents, coolers, metal containers, no glass, etc...said nothin of weapons. Love it when something says "no illegal weapons" , they didnt but some do....guess I can carry a gun but not nuncnucks? makes sense to me, ill just leave the telescoping baton and butterfly knife in the bushes, makes more room for my extra mag

Glad all went well!
BTW, Telescoping baton is fine CC or OC. They aren't mentioned in the statute. Nunchucks are OK but not CC the Butterfly knife was tossed out by the Supreme Court, then removed the GA so it's OK.

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

ok ok

Glad all went well!
BTW, Telescoping baton is fine CC or OC. They aren't mentioned in the statute. Nunchucks are OK but not CC the Butterfly knife was tossed out by the Supreme Court, then removed the GA so it's OK.

alright, ill bring all of that and leave the brass knucks(I mean paper weight)