Thread: Lakewood OH to unlawfully seach backpacks...

Lakewood OH to unlawfully seach backpacks...

Happy Independence Day! Lakewood police will be, upon orders of the mayor, be doing random backpack searches at Lakewood park during the 4th celebrations.

Unlawful Bag search

Call the police and the Mayors office and demand that this be removed.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Happy Independence Day! Lakewood police will be, upon orders of the mayor, be doing random backpack searches at Lakewood park during the 4th celebrations.

Unlawful Bag search

Call the police and the Mayors office and demand that this be removed.
    http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/06/2...ourth-of-july/

what a sick joke the 4th of july is. I want King George back.

You can still OC, right?
    Last edited by 77zach; 07-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

The article on the actual newspaper website says that gas & propane fueled grills are prohibited, so plain charcoal apparently is OK. It can't explode spectacularly.

But no shelters?? Looks like they really want their EMS people to be busy with heat-related injuries.

And the bag & cooler searches are right out. I'd be tempted to tape a copy of the 4A to the top of my cooler, beside a sign saying "come back with a warrant".
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Banned
    In Boston too ... no bag for you mommy .. keep your kids at home comrade.

Bostonians will face airport security-style measures if they wish to attend the city’s major annual July 4 event, with virtually all personal items being banned along with mandatory checkpoints, snitch hotlines and bag searches, begging the question – what “freedoms” are they supposed to be celebrating?

from: http://www.prisonplanet.com/some-ame...-measures.html

Gotta love prisonplanet

the good lord did not give me two hands to keep them in my pockets !

So, as I sat here thinking about this over and over, I couldnt stop myself from calling the Lakewood Ohio PD. I wanted to ask them what they planned on doing given the order received from the Mayor.

I spoke with a Captain Stone. He was very professional and courteous to my concerns. After explaining why I was calling, I flat out asked him if the police department was going to be performing randoms at the park. He assured me that there would not be randoms. He did say that if someone was acting suspiciously that it would be investigated. He added that if someone was asked to be searched and they refused, they would be required to leave the park. He said the Mayors decisions were just like every other reaction to the recent current events. I felt a little better as we spoke, but I am still reserved to think that there will be many violations of the 4th, 5th, and 1st amendment rights. I have little doubt in my mind that these searches will not happen. Its as damaging to this country as the Boston bombings. And for the police to even consider these unlawful policies makes it even worse.

Oh, and I asked him about open carry at the park. He stated, "Open carry is legal and I dont see a reason to prevent it."

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

...He added that if someone was asked to be searched and they refused, they would be required to leave the park...
    "Required to leave the park"?? On what/whose authority?

Can they order you to get out of town before sundown too?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    So government parks are "constitution free" zones now ?
    Everyone should wear prisoner clothes ..

http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/pr...er-costume.jpg

Just so everyone knows whats what

So, as I sat here thinking about this over and over, I couldnt stop myself from calling the Lakewood Ohio PD. I wanted to ask them what they planned on doing given the order received from the Mayor.

I spoke with a Captain Stone. He was very professional and courteous to my concerns. After explaining why I was calling, I flat out asked him if the police department was going to be performing randoms at the park. He assured me that there would not be randoms. He did say that if someone was acting suspiciously that it would be investigated. He added that if someone was asked to be searched and they refused, they would be required to leave the park. He said the Mayors decisions were just like every other reaction to the recent current events. I felt a little better as we spoke, but I am still reserved to think that there will be many violations of the 4th, 5th, and 1st amendment rights. I have little doubt in my mind that these searches will not happen. Its as damaging to this country as the Boston bombings. And for the police to even consider these unlawful policies makes it even worse.

Oh, and I asked him about open carry at the park. He stated, "Open carry is legal and I dont see a reason to prevent it."
    So it would be prudent to bring food in clear tupperware-like containers.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    "Required to leave the park"?? On what/whose authority?

Can they order you to get out of town before sundown too?
    Exactly. More than likely it would end up being a contempt of cop...er...um I mean, DC trespassing charge.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/06/2...ourth-of-july/

what a sick joke the 4th of july is. I want King George back.

You can still OC, right?
    In as much as no government since 5Jul76 has adhered to the justifications for the revolution given in paragraph two of the Declaration of Independence, those succeeding governments are no more legitimate than George III.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    I find it absurd that government is hosting the July4 celebrations on city property where bizarre searches are to occur.

I wonder what the government would do if those celebrations were ignored--the taxpayers demanding refunds--and hosted on private property by private groups?

I'd be willing to pay an entry fee to help reimburse private security guards whose main function was to keep out police.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.