Thread: out of state traveller

out of state traveller

My wife and I will be traveling thru Nevada this month on motorcycles....any advice on laws concerning us with CCL from Texas??? Would appreciate any input. I have already checked Calif., seems I need to buy a lock box for weapons while in the state...same in Nevada? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by txcqql View Post
    My wife and I will be traveling thru Nevada this month on motorcycles....any advice on laws concerning us with CCL from Texas??? Would appreciate any input. I have already checked Calif., seems I need to buy a lock box for weapons while in the state...same in Nevada? Thanks!
    This is a great question! I would take this question to the Nevada state forum as well, I think you might hear some insightful, and more State specific replies from those good folks too.
    Last edited by RugarRev; 07-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Check the laws, what I did is on my phone I download an CCW app and the app will tell you all of the do's and don't as for as the guns laws, you can also download it on your tablet if you have one.
    Last edited by Bigpapa; 07-06-2013 at 05:05 AM.

NM and NV are both traditional OC states, no license required...however, you still need to follow the particular state's laws.

Suggest you go to the state specific writeup here on OCDO, and at www.handgunlaw.us and brush up on their state law.

We don't recognize the TX CCW permit, so will not be able to conceal it upon your person. But you may conceal it anywhere in/on the vehicle, and it may stay fully loaded. You may also open carry without hassles, though there are some private businesses that won't allow it. You won't have any problems riding around or on the sidewalks or most businesses.

Enjoy Nevada!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip