• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I anm TJIC, part the duex. And on the 4th of July, no less!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Boton and its burbs may have been the Cradle of Liberty, but it looks like when the kid grew up his room was rented out to jackbooted thugs.

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2013/07/cradle-and-grave-of-liberty-part-deux.html

Tam has all the sordid details and a link back to the original incident.

Be careful - folks at Tam's use big-person words when they are upset.

No word yet on a legal defense fund, but I am putting the cash I had scraped together for ammo into an envelope for when the info gets posted.

Northeast Shooters are gearing up to be upset. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...%92s-house-because-he-applied-gun-permit.html Them Yankees are slow to start, but when they do get wound up watch out or you may find your tea in the harbor and folks carrying a bucket of tar, a bushel of feathers, and a long rail standing outside your door.

Someone says this is more retaliation for a blog comment following the shooting of Rep. Giffords. http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/21/massachusetts.blogger.guns.seizure/index.html If so, there's going to be a long line of folks waiting for tickets to watch this play out.

stay safe.

It looks like it's now "One if by land, Two if by sea, and Three if they are coming out of the woodwork".

eye95

I find his blog comment to be unacceptable. He is blatantly calling for all members of Congress to be shot.

Originally, I was not going to post my intention not to support this man based on the following reasoning: I do support folks who have been rousted for OC, but I cannot help them all. There are factors that help me make the decision. If it is someone I know, I will usually help. If it is someone living in a State that normally and reasonably respects Liberty, I will usually help. However, this case being in a State that no longer respects Liberty and concerning someone I don't know, I would normally send my pennies elsewhere--without comment.

After having read the words he posted, I have changed my mind and decided not to be quiet about not donating to his defense fund. While what he did may not be a crime and while the actions of the State may be way out of line, this is not a particular battle that I will join. I will not help fight a battle that was started with a post that was foolish and, IMO, morally wrong. There are other battles worth joining, more than I can, so I will not waste effort on this one.

My suggestions to this victim are: (1) Leave Massachusetts; Liberty is dead there. (2) Shut up; until you can figure out how to make your point without calling for the deaths of all members of Congress, continuing to post on the Internet is foolish.

JMO, and I know that many here will disagree and castigate me for this opinion. But not all of us have unlimited resources. So we must allocate them wisely. IMO, giving this man money would be unwise. Feel free to have a different opinion and to use some of your resources for his assistance.

OC for ME

The Bay State may have been the "cradle of liberty" but it certainly does not deserve that moniker. It did not deserve it 237 years now past and it certainly does not deserve it this day.

Silvertongue

I find his blog comment to be unacceptable. He is blatantly calling for all members of Congress to be shot.

I find what he said to be appalling, but I will still support his right to say it.

Just like I disagree with most of what you said, but I don't hate you for your opinion (or use of "castigate," a word I had to look up).

eye95

There is a difference in supporting a right and supporting an individual's exercise of that right, using time, effort, and money that could be used elsewhere. I find his blog comment so despicable as to make me look elsewhere for battles to join.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Silvertongue

There is a difference in supporting a right and supporting an individual's exercise of that right, using time, effort, and money that could be used elsewhere. I find his blog comment so despicable as to make me look elsewhere for battles to join.

<o>

Well-said, sir.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Since nobody is asking you to contribute any money I find you statement of intention not to contribute to be - questionable(?).

I suppose that, like all your other thoroughly thought out opinions, it is a rock-solid position, completely and utterly unmovable. But it must be a new position as I seem to recall being informed that you contributed to my legal defense fund which was necessitated by my exercise of a right. Or is it that you find some rights more acceptable than others, more "important" in your world view?

TJIC's initial comment was socially, if not legally, inappropriate. The response of The Authorities was a bit over the top, but fundamentally understandable. Yesterday's (July 4th) activity does not seem to have any basis other than he got his FID reinstated. Retaliation for that, and reprisal for having won the first contest, seem to be what the police are engaged in. Regardless of what I may feel about the original "reason" for the original action, retaliation and reprisal are repugnant.

stay safe.

eye95

Yes, and you are entitled to your opinion as is the blogger, no matter how poor his taste in comments.
That is why we still have, and allow within reason, comments from people and groups such as the Black Panthers, neo-Nazis, the KKK, the NRA, etc. It's all covered under the First Amendment.
We may not LIKE what the others say, we may not agree with what they say, but that is their right.

Did his comments show a lack of thought? Yes.
Were they in poor taste? Yes.
Did he have the right to make those comments? Yes.

'nuf said.

Please don't think I said he did not have the right to say what he said. I just think it is despicable.

eye95

Since nobody is asking you to contribute any money I find you statement of intention not to contribute to be - questionable(?)...

stay safe.

The OP mentioned the possibility of a legal defense fund and his intention to donate. I wanted to provide a counterpoint to that post.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Please don't think I said he did not have the right to say what he said. I just think it is despicable.

Let us agree that his initial troubles came about becuse of a seriously socially inappropriate comment. Let us agree that he brought his troubles upon himself and that he should have worked his way out himself as opposed to seeking (directly or via proxies) financial assistance in meeting his expenses.

Having resolved his initial troubles, and being found not to have committed any crime under the laws of Massachusetts, he sought restoration of his FID and reapplied for his LTC. His FID was re-issued (as opposed to restored) and he could once again possess long guns. He possesses no pistols/revolvers at this time because he had not yet been issued a LTC. (His fiancee, who has a LTC, did up until July 4th, possess some pistols.

His fiancee has a FID and a LTC. She possessed some pistols on her own. She was never directly involved in the actions that resulted in TJIC's FID and LTC initially being taken away and his subsequently being prohibited from owning/possessing firearms by virtue of having no FID/LTC.

The police become aware/are informed that TJIC once again has a FID. They come to his home without a warrant and demand entry for the purpose of confiscating all the firearms within - those belonging to him and those belonging to his fiancee. In spite of the presence of his attorney the police enter the home without a warrant and again without a warrant confiscate not only his but his fiancee's firearms.

Those are the facts. Now let me see if I understand your opposition to contributing to any legal defense fund:

You suggest TJIC is still solely responsible for why the government is treating him in the manner reported, and therefore you not only do not intend to contribute to any legal defense fund should it be established, but desire to encourage others not to contribute - apparently because you have decided TJIC is still solely responsible for why the government is treating him in the manner reported.

Have I missed something?

stay safe.

eye95

Nope. He is somewhat responsible. I won't argue the degree, because it doesn't matter to me.

My point is that I have limited resources. I'd rather help folks who did not behave despicably to start the ball rolling. I will help (and have helped) several of such victims. You personally know two of them. I didn't help with much; like I say, I have limited resources.

I won't help this bozo.

paramedic70002

I have no idea who or what a TJIC is, and the OP seems a bit cryptic, but reading the links it appears this guy has had his gun card seized twice, no report on charges.

I don't see where he called for assassinations of all members of congress per se. He was just saying, hey nutcases, if you're going to shoot a Congressman, at least leave the rest of us alone. Inappropriately worded no doubt, but in no way illegal.

eye95

...I don't see where he called for assassinations of all members of congress per se. He was just saying, hey nutcases, if you're going to shoot a Congressman, at least leave the rest of us alone. Inappropriately worded no doubt, but in no way illegal.

You mean when he wrote "1 down, 534 to go"?

I am sure that it was tongue-in-cheek. It is still despicable.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
Congressmen are like weeds .. pull one out and another grows in its place.

We'll soon have another congress tossing out the commies and fascists ... perhaps the new congress will see value in scrapping the patriot act (what a name, huh?).

I think the whole point of the 2nd amendment is that we can re-take control ... yes?

Or is the amendment just saber rattling?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You mean when he wrote "1 down, 534 to go"?

I am sure that it was tongue-in-cheek. It is still despicable.

<o>

Nobody said it was not.

Since I am having trouble explaining the concept to you, maybe Kelly can do a better job:

http://ambulancedriverfiles.com/2013/07/06/i-am-tjic-2/

I don't much like Travis Corcoran. In fact, I think he's an *******. The man compared me to a Nazi death camp guard and the Saudi secret police, right here on my own blog.

But being an ******* isn't a crime, and nowhere in our Constitution does it say that exercising our Second Amendment rights requires us to give up the protections of the First and Fourth Amendments. Not only did they enter his dwelling without a warrant and without cause, they also confiscated his legally owned firearms… again.

If we let this action stand uncondemned, we might as well give up our rights altogether, because due process of law means nothing any more.

stay safe.

eye95

Nobody said it was not.

Since I am having trouble explaining the concept to you, maybe Kelly can do a better job:

http://ambulancedriverfiles.com/2013/07/06/i-am-tjic-2/

stay safe.

Nobody said that he was a criminal. Maybe I can do a better job of stating my position:

Because he wrote what he did, I will not choose to use my resources to help him dig himself out of whatever hole he is in. I will reserve my meager resources for others.

Go ahead and try one more to make it sound like I think he is a criminal. I won't respond.

<o>