Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Iowa (Open) Carry Brochures?

  1. #1
    Regular Member RugarRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    62

    Iowa (Open) Carry Brochures?

    This may be a foolish question but is there...anywhere... an Iowa Carry (PDF) brochure we can download to hand out to folks who may be intersted to learn more about their rights here in the State?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Linn County, Iowa
    Posts
    306
    Not per se. The DPS FAQ should cover it fairly well though, it's a few pages long. Here's some stuff: http://www.iowacarry.org/iclaw.php

  3. #3
    Regular Member RugarRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    62
    Amaixner...thanks buddy. I threw a couple of things together. Send me a PM if you want to see/review/correct/suggest what I have. I certainly don't want to hand out incorrect information to folks.

    Thanks again for the link...

  4. #4
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by RugarRev View Post
    Amaixner...thanks buddy. I threw a couple of things together. Send me a PM if you want to see/review/correct/suggest what I have. I certainly don't want to hand out incorrect information to folks.

    Thanks again for the link...
    Thats about as good as it gets. Id like to see what you come up with. It may be something to pass on and make available to everyone. Thanks for doing this.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.


    The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Several of the States do this. We have an excellent brochure here in Washington and utilize them quite a bit. You can find them at shops and gunshows, local events and just in back pockets.
    Below are a few examples you could use as models when you design your own. They are extremely effective and a good way to get a great deal of information into a prospective OCers hand.

    http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ocdo/wgr.pdf Washington State
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  6. #6
    Regular Member RugarRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Several of the States do this. We have an excellent brochure here in Washington and utilize them quite a bit. You can find them at shops and gunshows, local events and just in back pockets.
    Below are a few examples you could use as models when you design your own. They are extremely effective and a good way to get a great deal of information into a prospective OCers hand.

    http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ocdo/wgr.pdf Washington State
    MSG Laigaie thank you for these samples, they are very well done! One would think the 'powers that be" in Iowa (Iowa Firearms Coalition or Iowa Gun Owners) would have used some of the membership dues they recieve and produced one available for download. But alas, no. It's left to us to produce our own individual handouts...

  7. #7
    Regular Member RugarRev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Thats about as good as it gets. Id like to see what you come up with. It may be something to pass on and make available to everyone. Thanks for doing this.
    PM sent...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •