• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kokesh loads shotgun in DC?

EMNofSeattle

It appears he did go through with OC himself... Although early in the morning, and probably split like hell after the camera stopped....

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-sAGGoPidEY&feature=player_embedded&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-sAGGoPidEY%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded[/video]

WalkingWolf

I have serious doubts about the authenticity of that video. Fourth of July in DC, and no crowds? No people at all!

If it is determined to be genuine I believe he will be arrested, unconstitutionally though. If the police determine it is bogus, there is nothing they can do. They will probably check webcam footage they already have with his to check for validity.

I appreciate what he is trying to do, but putting a phony video out there is only going to hurt him.

EMNofSeattle

I have serious doubts about the authenticity of that video. Fourth of July in DC, and no crowds? No people at all!

If it is determined to be genuine I believe he will be arrested, unconstitutionally though. If the police determine it is bogus, there is nothing they can do. They will probably check webcam footage they already have with his to check for validity.

I appreciate what he is trying to do, but putting a phony video out there is only going to hurt him.

How so? if the video is geniune then there is probable cause he violated the law while in their jurisdiction, if a court in DC issues an arrest warrant for Kokesh then yes it would be very constitutional for police anywhere in the country he may be to arrest him.

WalkingWolf

How so? if the video is geniune then there is probable cause he violated the law while in their jurisdiction, if a court in DC issues an arrest warrant for Kokesh then yes it would be very constitutional for police anywhere in the country he may be to arrest him.

A unconstitutional law is void, from it's inception, not from the time of a court ruling. The law violates the constitution, that said I believe the video is bogus. And I don't think the feds will chance a loss eventually with SCOTUS before the court swings to the left more. I believe they will leave it pass by with the assumption the video is not genuine. And if they do arrest, they will have a problem with their lack of arrest for David Gregory on a felony gun violation, that was genuine.

IMO the people who spent money on his so called event were duped. I hope there is a class action law suit brought against him. Many of those people were out money for reservations, he was labelled a nut case before, now he has taken away any doubt.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

A unconstitutional law is void, from it's inception, not from the time of a court ruling. The law violates the constitution, that said I believe the video is bogus. And I don't think the feds will chance a loss eventually with SCOTUS before the court swings to the left more. I believe they will leave it pass by with the assumption the video is not genuine. And if they do arrest, they will have a problem with their lack of arrest for David Gregory on a felony gun violation, that was genuine.

yeah, well spending 3 to 10 years in prison while you're waiting for the court to rule may as well be constitutional for you're concerned. Kokesh can't just say "constitution" and have the DC authorities go "oh my bad" and it's unlikely the Federal Courts in DC will side with him, and an even lower chance SCOTUS will even take the case. guess what that means? the law is nowhere near "void" this "an unconstitutional law is void even if a court never ruled on it" is bull ****, anyone who really believes that better be ready to practice their next constitutional argument "no bubba, the bill of rights says you and your buddies can't make me an unwilling participant in prison sodomy"

WalkingWolf

yeah, well spending 3 to 10 years in prison while you're waiting for the court to rule may as well be constitutional for you're concerned. Kokesh can't just say "constitution" and have the DC authorities go "oh my bad" and it's unlikely the Federal Courts in DC will side with him, and an even lower chance SCOTUS will even take the case. guess what that means? the law is nowhere near "void" this "an unconstitutional law is void even if a court never ruled on it" is bull ****, anyone who really believes that better be ready to practice their next constitutional argument "no bubba, the bill of rights says you and your buddies can't make me an unwilling participant in prison sodomy"

How many years he spends in prison has nothing to do with the FACT that a law is void if it is unconstitutional. We would have no rights if it were left up to you, because criminals brought us our rulings through the courts. Without them we might as well be in Russia with Snowden.

BTW it is the national law revue and SCOTUS that says a law is void if it is constitutional. IOW it never was a valid law, even before the court rules.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

How many years he spends in prison has nothing to do with the FACT that a law is void if it is unconstitutional. We would have no rights if it were left up to you, because criminals brought us our rulings through the courts. Without them we might as well be in Russia with Snowden.

BTW it is the national law revue and SCOTUS that says a law is void if it is constitutional. IOW it never was a valid law, even before the court rules.

Well that's just great. Load up your rifles and go to DC if you're so confident of this, but don't you be spreading a bunch of bull crap hoping some new gun owner will believe you and be a test case in your place. Don't make bizarre legal theories for anything you're not willing to test yourself

WalkingWolf

Well that's just great. Load up your rifles and go to DC if you're so confident of this, but don't you be spreading a bunch of bull crap hoping some new gun owner will believe you and be a test case in your place. Don't make bizarre legal theories for anything you're not willing to test yourself

I am not spreading BS YOU are. I told you exactly how the courts hold unconstitutional laws. I said nothing to give people the impression they should load up their guns and go to DC. YOU sir are a liar.

EMNofSeattle

I am not spreading BS YOU are. I told you exactly how the courts hold unconstitutional laws. I said nothing to give people the impression they should load up their guns and go to DC. YOU sir are a liar.

You just claimed DC cannot constitutionally arrest Kokesh, that statement is patently false. You're also operating under the assumption that a gun control law is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court says otherwise. Said law may be, as you allege, by unconstitutional in retrospect (I'm sure all of DCs gang bangers will forever thank you for overturning their CCW convictions for them if you were to succeed) but prosecutors get to assume the law is constitutional until a court rules otherwise. Simple as that. Only one of the Gun laws in DC has been overturned, and SCOTUS has not willingly agreed to take on any other issues.

So your strange legalese you keep bringing up is irrelevant since it makes practically no difference

WalkingWolf

You just claimed DC cannot constitutionally arrest Kokesh, that statement is patently false. You're also operating under the assumption that a gun control law is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court says otherwise. Said law may be, as you allege, by unconstitutional in retrospect (I'm sure all of DCs gang bangers will forever thank you for overturning their CCW convictions for them if you were to succeed) but prosecutors get to assume the law is constitutional until a court rules otherwise. Simple as that. Only one of the Gun laws in DC has been overturned, and SCOTUS has not willingly agreed to take on any other issues.

So your strange legalese you keep bringing up is irrelevant since it makes practically no difference

NO I claimed the arrest would be unconstitutional. You either have very severe reading comprehension problems or you have problems with honesty.

hammer6

i hear you. i think EMNofSeattle is just being stupid....

moriar

If a law is unconstitutional then it is void, but this is where i stress a HUGE BUT, Doesnt mean load my AR and strap it to my back and go strolling thru DC and not expect for a express ticket to meet bubba and his crew. If the law is unjust, take the law to court. But dont goto court because of a felony charge, and make it look worse for fellow GRA's by the public seeing us as something other than law-abiding-citizens as we like to portray ourselves as.

In D.C this is how i walk...NOT ARMED.

leostrutoriginal.jpg

Last edited:

SFCRetired

With all due respect, what I have gleaned from various sources concerning Mr. Kokesh leads me to have serious doubts about both his veracity and his goals. I suspect that he is one of those who seek and thrive on publicity, especially if it adds to their notoriety.

Bender

He has been arrested...

http://wtop.com/149/3384202/Search-warrant-served-at-home-of-activist-Adam-Kokesh

Wednesday - 7/10/2013, 10:09am ET
WASHINGTON - Adam Kokesh, a veteran and controversial activist seen loading a gun on video in D.C. last week, has been arrested in Fairfax County.

The arrest comes after U.S. Park Police searched Kokesh's home Tuesday evening.

A blog post on Kokesh's website said he had been arrested.

Kokesh faces two drug charges, including one involving possession of a firearm. The Fairfax County Sheriff's Department tells WTOP the charges are possession of a Schedule 1 or 2 drug and possession of a Schedule 1 or 2 drug while in possession of a firearm.

Kokesh is being held at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

The sheriff's department says Kokesh will make his first court appearance Wednesday morning.

On July 4 a video was posted on YouTube showing Kokesh loading a shotgun in D.C's Freedom Plaza, which is against the law in the District.

U.S Park Police and Herndon police tell WTOP they were at his home in Herndon, Va. Tuesday night, July 9, serving the search warrant.

Roads were blocked off near Kokesh's home on Snowflake Court and his neighbors were told to stay inside.

Thundar

If a law is unconstitutional then it is void, but this is where i stress a HUGE BUT, Doesnt mean load my AR and strap it to my back and go strolling thru DC and not expect for a express ticket to meet bubba and his crew. If the law is unjust, take the law to court.

View attachment 10592

Check, we are in year 5 of that (Palmer V. DC) and still no ruling.

What else should we do?

Last edited: