Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: MAIG rally in Las Vegas and Henderson coming up

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520

    MAIG rally in Las Vegas and Henderson coming up

    Just received these dates in a new thread at the Nevada Shooters forum:

    Monday July 8th, 9:30AM
    Paradise Park

    Also Tuesday July 9th, 10:15 AM
    Pebble Park

    Note that Pebble Park is in Henderson, where we know we can OC without police contact.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    For those of us (ok maybe not us, just me) that are acronym deficient and do not get out much what is MAIG.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Ok never mind Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    627

    Re: MAIG rally in Las Vegas and Henderson coming up

    Crap I have to work both of those days

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Just received these dates in a new thread at the Nevada Shooters forum:

    Monday July 8th, 9:30AM
    Paradise Park

    Also Tuesday July 9th, 10:15 AM
    Pebble Park

    Note that Pebble Park is in Henderson, where we know we can OC without police contact.
    Unfortunately the park is located in Henderson but it is a Clark County Park. Their rules apply.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Unfortunately the park is located in Henderson but it is a Clark County Park. Their rules apply.
    Oops.
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Oops.
    Easy mistake.

    I wish these idiots would have them at a time and place where we could all show up and ask them to please go back to that cesspool NY City. Of course it is not hard to "finger" out that the plan is to have it at those times so they can stack it full of paid actors for the cameras and prevent us from showing up.

    We are under attack, and all is not quiet on the eastern front.

    TBG

    P.S. If anyone does go perhaps you could carry a sign saying "Member of CAIG" (Citizens Against Illegal Government)
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 07-06-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Easy mistake.

    I wish these idiots would have them at a time and place where we could all show up and ask them to please go back to that cesspool NY City. Of course it is not hard to "finger" out that the plan is to have it at those times so they can stack it full of paid actors for the cameras and prevent us from showing up.

    We are under attack, and all is not quiet on the eastern front.

    TBG

    P.S. If anyone does go perhaps you could carry a sign saying "Member of CAIG" (Citizens Against Illegal Government)
    What about 'Citizens Against Idiot Governors" ? Lighthearted and needs no explanation.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Aren't the names they read already known? And don't we know that some of these names were of bad people shot by good people, including bad people shot by cops? Can we make some flyers to hand out during the name-reading that say who some of these people really are, and therefore outright question the motives of MAIG?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Aren't the names they read already known? And don't we know that some of these names were of bad people shot by good people, including bad people shot by cops? Can we make some flyers to hand out during the name-reading that say who some of these people really are, and therefore outright question the motives of MAIG?
    Well if you guys can put something together I will print them and bring them with me.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    If Mark Kelly is there, take stuffed baby seals, and tell your Asian friends that he's the guy who went on network TV to blame the Asiana crash on Korean culture (so now he's being called "KKKelly").

    Let's also remember that it was Scary-Looking Guns -- the kind that KKKelly wants to ban -- which kept the rioters from burning down Koreatown in 1992. KKKelly wants rioters to find defenseless victims the next time they visit Koreatown.

    A few signs in Hangul might be worth having at the protest tomorrow.

    Interestingly, I went to the MAIG website and couldn't find anything about this tour there. Anyone have a schedule for it?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    If Mark Kelly is there, take stuffed baby seals, and tell your Asian friends that he's the guy who went on network TV to blame the Asiana crash on Korean culture (so now he's being called "KKKelly").
    Whoah! When did this happen??? You have a link?



    That idiot is building a foundation for a political career.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    It was in an interview with Andrea Mitchell on BSNBC.

    http://video.msnbc.msn.com/andrea-mitchell/52422170

    About 1:50 in the vid.

    This KKKelly implies several times that the pilots were incompetent, and that apparently it's because of their culture.

    The pilot who crashed has twice as many hours in his logbooks than KKKaptain Astro, and the guy in the copilot seat has a couple of thousand more than THAT, but KKKelly says that "maybe they didn't know" that the ILS was down. Since there was a Notice to Airmen published about that, since there is a warning on the instrument panel that the signal wasn't being transmitted, and since the tower and pilots would have agreed with each other that this was a VISUAL approach, for this racist scumbag to imply that two pilots who had far more experience would not know is nothing more than a code phrase meaning that these two guys just couldn't have been REAL pilots because they're not white Americans like KKKelly.
    Last edited by DVC; 07-09-2013 at 08:10 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    627

    Re: MAIG rally in Las Vegas and Henderson coming up

    Woah! When did you start posting on this site berny!?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by vegaspassat; 07-10-2013 at 03:13 AM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Lasjayhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    294
    DVC that's not it at all. It has to do with their society valuing your seniors, and the junior person not willing to speak up.

    That DID cause the KAL crash 10 or so years ago. The problem is it can screw up cockpit management. If the pilot flying is the senior person, the pilot monitoring can be reluctant to speak up if he sees a problem.
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    DVC that's not it at all. It has to do with their society valuing your seniors, and the junior person not willing to speak up.

    That DID cause the KAL crash 10 or so years ago. The problem is it can screw up cockpit management. If the pilot flying is the senior person, the pilot monitoring can be reluctant to speak up if he sees a problem.
    The racism is in KKKelly's automatic assumption that any such factor existed -- and is a racial trait -- when there was not and STILL has not been the slightest suggestion that this is true in this case.

    It makes no more sense than assuming that KKKelly committed any sexual assault which happens, since he's a member of the Tailhook Association.

    The fact is that the Pilot In Command is the ultimate authority in any cockpit -- whether aboard a 777 or my Cessna -- and this has caused crashes of American airliners. Would you say that those crashes are a result of American culture? When KKKelly blames Korean culture for the crash, with absolutely no reason to believe that it was any kind of factor whatsoever, that's RACISM.

    BTW, the "senior" aboard Asiana 214 was the COpilot, not the pilot.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Lasjayhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    294
    Is MAIG a racist organization? As I understand your logic, The statement "Sandy Hook proves Americans can't handle firearms and should be made to turn them all in." would be raciest.

    The RKBA is part of our culture. Some on this board would be willing to die, or think long and hard about it, to preserve that part of our culture.

    What is "senior" to a Korean ATP? Is it age, hours, who graduated flight school first, who got promoted to captain first, who has scored with the most flight attendants, or something else? I don't have a frickin clue, I'm an American avionics tech, not a Korean pilot.

    Over 20,000 hours on the flight deck and nobody thinks checking airspeed on short final might be a good idea? Kinda like shooting yourself while cleaning your gun cuz you didn't bother to check to see if it was loaded first. I can kinda see how the PF (pilot flying) shooting the approach VFR in a new type might not have scanned the instruments as much as he should have. But what the heck was the PM (pilot monitoring), the trainer doing????


    Since there appears to be no unrecoverable equipment failures involved, we have to look at all the possibilities when exploring human factors. Now if dingleberry wants to jump up and say it has to be the cultural issues, it doesn't mean he is a racist, it just means he's an idiot. But I think we have all came to that conclusion after SH anyway so I digress.

    There are Human factors here, and they may well be cultural. But I am afraid there's an 800 Lb gorilla in the room that nobody wants to look at.

    DVC, I'm sure you don't mean it, and I'm sure it is not your intent, but you are going down a rabbit hole. Someone passing buy might read this thread and think "That DVC thinks Americans value their culture more than Koreans do. He.. must ...be...a....racist."
    Last edited by Lasjayhawk; 07-11-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    The copilot was the designated Pilot In Command, he was the Instructor Pilot, with 3220 hours in the 777, over 12,000 flying hours, and was in charge of the aircraft. The guy in the left seat has 10,000 hours of flight time, and was in transition training as the student.

    That pretty much spikes any idea that "culture" -- or anything else would have kept anybody's mouth shut.

    Gun control is based in racism. The phrase "Saturday Night Special" is a direct descendant of "N_____town Saturday Night," a racist phrase used to explain violence. The imagery used is racist, playing up to stereotypes.

    It is one thing for an investigation to conclude that a cultural issue was at play, when the evidence points that direction. It's something entirely different for a guy to go on network TV and blame a crash on someone else's culture, when there is absolutely nothing to indicate that there was any cultural issue at play. KKKelly was letting his racism run his mouth for him, accusing pilots with twice as many flight hours of being stupid enough that they'd kill people because of their culture, while implying that American pilots would never do that.

    The fact that other pilots, at other airlines, let culture be a problem in the past is no excuse for leaping to the accusation that this crash had likewise been caused by it.

    The Asiana pilots are at fault, but their being Korean is not a factor in any way. To try to claim that it was a factor is racism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •