• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowing to an out of control federal government

Principles of '98

Ive been watching this forum for a while and praying that HB436 would get a smooth ride. I was emailing legislators and trying to spread the word. I want to thank the people on this forum that made HB436 possible. With the sting of this veto fresh on my mind, i would like to jump in and be a part of the cause for Liberty.

Nixon came up with the most egregious way possible to veto the bill. The supremacy clause in the federal constitution? DOES HE THINK WE CANT READ?????????????????

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

..."in pursuance thereof". NO federal firearms legislation is pursuant to the constitution because it is expressly prohibited by the second amendment. therefore the supremacy clause does not apply here. So there goes 4 pages of his big centralized unconstitutional government cheer leading in a few sentences. Problem is more Missourians than not will believe that bull crap in his veto letter.

This needs to be brought to the attention of the People of Missouri. That their governor would sell them out to an out of control and mostly illegal federal government based on a lie that such illegal government claims as truth. How do we recall the governor? That is the perfect venue to bring the attention of Missourians to his heinous statements he makes in his veto letter for HB436.

By the way im in 94. Vicki Englund. Shes a lost cause. She was "sent to Jeff City to keep me safe."

OK, i know nobody on here has ever heard of me before but like I said the wording of this veto struck me very badly and I had to sign up and post. It especially angers me how he tries to marginalize the Principles of '98. Its almost like Eric Holder sent him talking points. :question:

Principles of '98

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to OCDO. The law is an ass that lawyers ride to work, and governors put lipstick on it and deem themselves smarter.

Thanks for the welcome mr nightmare. An unconstitutional act is no law at all. It was a serious blow to the cause for Liberty when nixon vetoed HB436 by espousing the rhetoric of an out of control federal government. HB436 was to be the strongest nullification bill to date. As long as people can understand simple English words they will understand that mr nixon is only a sell out who would like to turn over all sovereignty of the State and People of Missouri to the mostly illegal federal government. This fact alone renders him unfit for office and and should be recalled or impeached. I hope the powers that be on this forum in Missouri understand the seriousness of the words and immorality of the ideas that nixon penned yesterday. (or copied from the letter eric holder sent him). nixon must not be allowed to get away with what he said. He was already involved in a breech of privacy scheme concerning turning over private information of Missourians to the feds. Now, as the governor of Missouri, he bows down to and relinquishes all sovereignty to the federal government. The words in his letter are misguided, immoral, repugnant to the US and Missouri constitutions and dangerous to a free people in a Sovereign State. What a sad, truly confused man.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Jay thinks he is stepping out of his term limited job and into a nice fat federal position. It has even been hinted that a run for the oval office might be in his future.

This veto is one of many to indicate he is a Democrat who lock, stock and barrel will fall right in to the party lines as directed. What is SAD about that is most folks that I know who identify as Dems indeed are gun owners at varied levels but do not find it to be an issue to influence their vote.

The past couple of years and attempts at further gun control have indeed woken a great many up, however, the fact remains that too many still believe that the laws opposed are only applicable to criminals and radicals, not them. Unfortunately by the time they all get it, there will not be a strong contention left to resist and the potential for a total shift in governing becomes a very real reality.

Jay wants to continue to be set for life living off the federal income taxes from your check, it is a much fatter section than the state was and if he is a good boy perhaps even if he can't get a good run at it, a cabinet appointment might be in order if he sucks hind tit hard enough.

I think some of my democrat friends are now trying to help Jay find his balls, I tried to tell them that he did not lose them as he never had any, but they are looking anyway.

mspgunner

I do not have a lot of time for finger pointing but I like this one:
The State of Missouri allows legislators and their staff to carry concealed in the Capitol, but NOT a citizen with a CCW. The Governor today signed H533 (Notwithstanding any provision of this section to the contrary, the state shall not prohibit any state employee from having a firearm in the employee’s vehicle on the state’s property provided that the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible. This subsection shall only apply to the state as an employer when the state employee’s vehicle is on property owned or leased by the state and the state employee is conducting activities within the scope of his or her employment. For the purposes of this subsection, “state employee” means an employee of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the government of the state of Missouri.) But private employers can prohibit citizens from having a firearm in a personal vehicle. The State of Missouri allows "Municipal Government" to prohibit open carry even though not prohibited by Art.1 Sec.23 of the Misouri Constitution. Where is the "Liberty and justice for all"?

I and LMTD and others have worked and continue to work for real change in the laws. Here and Facebook, lots of chat, little substance. I'm into action in our State Capitol. The veto session is now the primary focus and there is getting to be a growing level of enthusiasm in th elegislature and the 2A Community. Fortunately there are many who are jumping into this veto cause. Someone else is looking into a Rally at the capitol Sept. 11th. I'll post as soon as I know. Our little group of advocates need to meet-up or chat, and soon.

JEStucker

The State of Missouri allows legislators and their staff to carry concealed in the Capitol, but NOT a citizen with a CCW. The Governor today signed H533 (Notwithstanding any provision of this section to the contrary, the state shall not prohibit any state employee from having a firearm in the employee’s vehicle on the state’s property provided that the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible. This subsection shall only apply to the state as an employer when the state employee’s vehicle is on property owned or leased by the state and the state employee is conducting activities within the scope of his or her employment. For the purposes of this subsection, “state employee” means an employee of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the government of the state of Missouri.) But private employers can prohibit citizens from having a firearm in a personal vehicle. The State of Missouri allows "Municipal Government" to prohibit open carry even though not prohibited by Art.1 Sec.23 of the Misouri Constitution. Where is the "Liberty and justice for all"?

I and LMTD and others have worked and continue to work for real change in the laws. Here and Facebook, lots of chat, little substance. I'm into action in our State Capitol. The veto session is now the primary focus and there is getting to be a growing level of enthusiasm in th elegislature and the 2A Community. Fortunately there are many who are jumping into this veto cause. Someone else is looking into a Rally at the capitol Sept. 11th. I'll post as soon as I know. Our little group of advocates need to meet-up or chat, and soon.

Amen!

Principles of '98

Join

I would like to join you guys in your fight against this veto. i have a decent sized group of like minded friends that would help also. I work out of town but i do have a set schedule. id like to attend a rally.

Principles of '98

speaking of the oval office...

Jay thinks he is stepping out of his term limited job and into a nice fat federal position. It has even been hinted that a run for the oval office might be in his future.

This veto is one of many to indicate he is a Democrat who lock, stock and barrel will fall right in to the party lines as directed. What is SAD about that is most folks that I know who identify as Dems indeed are gun owners at varied levels but do not find it to be an issue to influence their vote.

The past couple of years and attempts at further gun control have indeed woken a great many up, however, the fact remains that too many still believe that the laws opposed are only applicable to criminals and radicals, not them. Unfortunately by the time they all get it, there will not be a strong contention left to resist and the potential for a total shift in governing becomes a very real reality.

Jay wants to continue to be set for life living off the federal income taxes from your check, it is a much fatter section than the state was and if he is a good boy perhaps even if he can't get a good run at it, a cabinet appointment might be in order if he sucks hind tit hard enough.

I think some of my democrat friends are now trying to help Jay find his balls, I tried to tell them that he did not lose them as he never had any, but they are looking anyway.[/QUOT

Imagine this: President Andrew Napolitano, VP Ted Cruz, Sec of State Rand Paul, Sec of Treasury Ron Paul. what a thought! The Champions of the Constitution and the lions of Liberty.

Last edited:

randyj

Count me in!