Thread: Where is the next gun "buyback?"

Where is the next gun "buyback?"

I started this thread so that people could post in a common location about any potential police gun "buybacks." If you know of any buybacks scheduled anywhere in ohio, please post immediately so we can have private citizens there purchasing these guns for cash. I will personally attend these events and can guarantee that a good group of people from NEO Carry will attend as well. Had anyone heard anything about upcoming buybacks??
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

I try to keep an ear to the ground for such buybacks. None scheduled in any of the major Ohio cities that I am aware of, right now anyhow. Good idea for a thread topic by the way.

I just saw a news article out of Warren stating that they are forming a committee to try and organize a buyback if they can get enough community support.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/23042565/w...of-daughter-to

I will keep an ear out for this and if they do it I will let everyone know.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

Ohio passed a law recently that prohibits the melting of guns, instead they have to be sold to ffl's to resell to the public, correct?

Still just a bill...only a bill.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Really? I thought they voted on it last month? Or is that when it was introduced? I thought it was in the same bill as the one about keeping loaded mags in the vehicle.