Thread: I guess they aren't all Aholes

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

I guess they aren't all Aholes

Grapeshot and I were up to Skulduggery again today and had to go to the Henrico Courthouse. I was on my motorcycle and he was in his truck. We both stowed our guns and knives and got the paperwork we needed to file, then headed in to be groped.

Got to the metal detector and the first Deputy asked "Where are you going"...I'm a great believer in "Mind your own da*n business" so I asked why he was interested. He said, "The General District Clerks Office is closed, just thought I'd save you some trouble".

That was upsetting. A polite Deputy. We needed to go to the Circuit Court Clerks office too so it wasn't a problem and I went through the metal detector and set it off as usual (Those things aren't really metal detectors, they're motion detectors), and the second guard swept me and asked "What are you carrying", pointing at my empty holster. Being a great believer in "Mind your own da*n business, I said "Why are you interested".

He said it looked like a Glock (which it was) holster. Anyway, we had an enjoyable couple of minutes talking about open carry and how it had picked up in the Cities and was generally a good thing.

Being completely deflated by that time, we went up, took care of our business and I went to Greentops and Grapeshot went wherever.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-05-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Sometimes those LEOs can be nice folks. I was walking the dogs at the park on the 4th like I do most days but that day of freedom I was approached by the park LEO as I pulled into the lot to park my '48 Stude. He just wanted to know the year like most folks ask. He said that there was a 70 year old veteran in the patrol car that guessed a '39. Both wrong. So I parked and got the dogs out and decided to head that way to the LEOs. Yep, that other LEO was an old timer so we chatted about different stuff and how they are watching the folks at the park to make sure the fire crackers weren't going off. They were curious about my sidearm, they never heard of a XD-S, guess they don't get out much... Overall a great experience.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25329961.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	10581

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    While in the Clerk's office, ran into a T/D acquaintance of Mr. Nap who thought he'd demonstrate how to arm wrestle standing up - he was surprised to learn the first rule, hope I didn't hurt him. When is the last time you saw that in the Clerk's office?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

No, they're not ALL Aholes...,

but too many of them are, and some of them are much worse!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

After reading the title, I came in here ready to argue with you against the case for dog hunters. This is less of a revelation. For example, I was actually unintentionally speeding last Friday (63/45), and explained this to the officer who must have sensed that I wasn't BSing him. First warning I've ever had; I was amazed.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    After reading the title, I came in here ready to argue with you against the case for dog hunters. This is less of a revelation. For example, I was actually unintentionally speeding last Friday (63/45), and explained this to the officer who must have sensed that I wasn't BSing him. First warning I've ever had; I was amazed.
    I won't start on the Dog Hunters for another month

Good to see you here. It's been a while!