• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I guess they aren't all Aholes

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Grapeshot and I were up to Skulduggery again today and had to go to the Henrico Courthouse. I was on my motorcycle and he was in his truck. We both stowed our guns and knives and got the paperwork we needed to file, then headed in to be groped.

Got to the metal detector and the first Deputy asked "Where are you going"...I'm a great believer in "Mind your own da*n business" so I asked why he was interested. He said, "The General District Clerks Office is closed, just thought I'd save you some trouble".

That was upsetting. A polite Deputy. We needed to go to the Circuit Court Clerks office too so it wasn't a problem and I went through the metal detector and set it off as usual (Those things aren't really metal detectors, they're motion detectors), and the second guard swept me and asked "What are you carrying", pointing at my empty holster. Being a great believer in "Mind your own da*n business, I said "Why are you interested".

He said it looked like a Glock (which it was) holster. Anyway, we had an enjoyable couple of minutes talking about open carry and how it had picked up in the Cities and was generally a good thing.

Being completely deflated by that time, we went up, took care of our business and I went to Greentops and Grapeshot went wherever.

Last edited:

JohnM15A

Sometimes those LEOs can be nice folks. I was walking the dogs at the park on the 4th like I do most days but that day of freedom I was approached by the park LEO as I pulled into the lot to park my '48 Stude. He just wanted to know the year like most folks ask. He said that there was a 70 year old veteran in the patrol car that guessed a '39. Both wrong. So I parked and got the dogs out and decided to head that way to the LEOs. Yep, that other LEO was an old timer so we chatted about different stuff and how they are watching the folks at the park to make sure the fire crackers weren't going off. They were curious about my sidearm, they never heard of a XD-S, guess they don't get out much... Overall a great experience.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
While in the Clerk's office, ran into a T/D acquaintance of Mr. Nap who thought he'd demonstrate how to arm wrestle standing up - he was surprised to learn the first rule, hope I didn't hurt him. When is the last time you saw that in the Clerk's office?

sidestreet

No, they're not ALL Aholes...,

but too many of them are, and some of them are much worse!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

t33j

After reading the title, I came in here ready to argue with you against the case for dog hunters. This is less of a revelation. For example, I was actually unintentionally speeding last Friday (63/45), and explained this to the officer who must have sensed that I wasn't BSing him. First warning I've ever had; I was amazed.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
After reading the title, I came in here ready to argue with you against the case for dog hunters. This is less of a revelation. For example, I was actually unintentionally speeding last Friday (63/45), and explained this to the officer who must have sensed that I wasn't BSing him. First warning I've ever had; I was amazed.

I won't start on the Dog Hunters for another month:lol:

Good to see you here. It's been a while!