Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Open Carry event in Houston Texas could use some Thumbs Up on Yahoo.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Needalogin Topost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4

    Open Carry event in Houston Texas could use some Thumbs Up on Yahoo.


  2. #2
    Regular Member HK_dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    144
    you say you need a thumbs up on Yahoo and yet you post a like to a Youtube video (which is pretty worthless as far as informing about the event goes) in which "ratings have been disabled for this video"?
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_dave View Post
    you say you need a thumbs up on Yahoo and yet you post a like to a Youtube video (which is pretty worthless as far as informing about the event goes) in which "ratings have been disabled for this video"?
    Wa-wa-waaaaa. Likes/dislikes are disabled like HK_dave noted

  4. #4
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    ..

    reported

    Wow,,, reported again!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-11-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  5. #5
    Regular Member snatale42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    reported
    for???

  6. #6
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    for???
    there is a spam post now missing between 5 and 4

    Wow! my reading is not so good...
    The spam is post 4
    i reported it again...
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 08-11-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  7. #7
    Regular Member snatale42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    there is a spam post now missing between 5 and 4
    ahhh! I was thinking the OP. oops

  8. #8
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lenexa, Kansas
    Posts
    423
    I'm 100% for open carry, but who honestly would need to open carry a decked out AR-15 or such. Not trying to boil the water here, but that's a bit over kill for exercising your right for open carry. Honestly I would see that as a "Hey look at me" kind of deal. Were trying to get people comfortable with open carry, not make them think were preparing for a zombie attack.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

  9. #9
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalogin Topost View Post
    I don't think this clip is worth a thumbs-up - it is a waste of time - if they guys had been talking about gun rights, the rights of armed citizens to defend themselves from criminals, etc - it would be much better than some guys - and 1 girl - standing around with their weapons looking at each other, having some photographers snap photos of them standing around.

    The other Utube videos of the houstonians shooting 3 robbers, a store clerk (who was violently robbed last year) getting punched and then shooting the perp - were much more effective in showing folks the benefits of OC or CC to their liberty.

  10. #10
    Regular Member ()pen(arry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA; escaped from 18 years in TX
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    I'm 100% for open carry, but who honestly would need to open carry a decked out AR-15 or such. Not trying to boil the water here, but that's a bit over kill for exercising your right for open carry. Honestly I would see that as a "Hey look at me" kind of deal. Were trying to get people comfortable with open carry, not make them think were preparing for a zombie attack.
    Rights are not concerned with excuse, justification, or demonstration of need. Rights are concerned with the assurance of self-determination. Until you stop thinking of rights as privileges we ought to have, and understand them as liberties which inhere in our very existence and which can only be restricted, not granted, you'll be vulnerable to the assaults of reasonable-seeming arguments which would deny you life and liberty. "Because it's up to me, not you" is the purest, unassailable answer to "Why?"

    Now, with regard to normalizing the possession and bearing of firearms in modern society, there are certainly behaviors that don't seem particularly strategic. However, it is critical that we don't resent those who engage in them, or we do not respect their rights, rather our hearts seek to deny them liberty.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

    Further clarification per John Pierce:
    If long gun open carry is legal in Texas then the rule does not apply. I just changed the rule to remove the reference to California since they have now banned the open carry of long guns as well but we DO allow for the discussion of long gun open carry in those jurisdictions where handgun open carry is not allowed and long gun carry IS allowed.
    See post #21 http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...68#post1938368

    Thread unlocked and moved back to the Texas sub-forum.


    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-20-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Clarification of rule
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •