• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wally world teams up with maig

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I would buy a gun from wal mart tomorrow without concern, I think that it is fine for them to video in their store, and submit to their employees to background checks. If I go to a retailer that does not follow BATFE protocol, I take the chance of getting my new firearm confiscated as evidence.

The Big Guy

Despite how some of you feel about Wally World store policy, that really is not my point as to whether they have their own standards within their stores. My point is they have teamed up with MAIG!!! Would it bother you if they teamed up with the Brady Bunch to make Wally World policy? I don't see the difference.

From a personal level it means little to me as i don't (won't) shop there anyway. I think it's great they honor OC but I don't like a lot other things about them and teaming up with Bloomberg puts them over the top for me.

TBG

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I teamed up with the "Brady Bunch" too We held one of their candlelight vigils at Fremont street. We talked to hundreds of people and campaigned against gun violence while OC'ing. They gave progress Now Nevada my name they were so impressed with our turnout. I do not believe that it was negative for us to do that. Why punish the country's biggest gun retailer?

The Big Guy

I teamed up with the "Brady Bunch" too We held one of their candlelight vigils at Fremont street. We talked to hundreds of people and campaigned against gun violence while OC'ing. They gave progress Now Nevada my name they were so impressed with our turnout. I do not believe that it was negative for us to do that. Why punish the country's biggest gun retailer?

We'll just have to agree to seriously disagree on this one.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Despite how some of you feel about Wally World store policy, that really is not my point as to whether they have their own standards within their stores. My point is they have teamed up with MAIG!!! Would it bother you if they teamed up with the Brady Bunch to make Wally World policy? I don't see the difference.

From a personal level it means little to me as i don't (won't) shop there anyway. I think it's great they honor OC but I don't like a lot other things about them and teaming up with Bloomberg puts them over the top for me.

TBG

I don't see how they have done anything to infringe on my civil rights. They are telling MAIG that they will take extra steps INTERNALLY to increase their level of compliance with gun laws, but nothing they're doing actually has any effect whatsoever. After all, they're ALREADY video recording everything that happens in the store, and that's the only thing that directly touches the customer.

As far as teaming up with MAIG, so what? It's just lip service, until they actually DO something -- and they're not likely to do that. Remember, MAIG is nothing but a handful of Fascists blowing a lot of hot air, while Walmart is one of the biggest corporations in the world. MAIG has no leverage, and 100,000,000 American gun owners DO.

NAVYBLUE

I don't see how they have done anything to infringe on my civil rights. They are telling MAIG that they will take extra steps INTERNALLY to increase their level of compliance with gun laws, but nothing they're doing actually has any effect whatsoever. After all, they're ALREADY video recording everything that happens in the store, and that's the only thing that directly touches the customer.

As far as teaming up with MAIG, so what? It's just lip service, until they actually DO something -- and they're not likely to do that. Remember, MAIG is nothing but a handful of Fascists blowing a lot of hot air, while Walmart is one of the biggest corporations in the world. MAIG has no leverage, and 100,000,000 American gun owners DO.

Agree. I don't care what a retailer "SAYS", I care what a retailer "DOES". I hold them to the same standards as I do my friends, enemies and politicians. Oops. Those last two were redundant.

NAVYBLUE

The Big Guy

Agree. I don't care what a retailer "SAYS", I care what a retailer "DOES". I hold them to the same standards as I do my friends, enemies and politicians. Oops. Those last two were redundant.

NAVYBLUE

This is the last I will say on this subject. Words have meaning. The act of saying (by the worlds largest retailer) something has a causal effect. Their words give aid and comfort to my enemy (MAIG). Is their purpose to be all things to all people, perhaps. Shop there if you think they are a friend of liberty. For me, I don't buy it. To me they are part of the fascist state. (Fascism = a marriage of state & corporation)

TBG

bigguyswife

and 100,000,000 American gun owners DO.[/QUOTE]
Yes 100,000,000 gun owners do have leverage. That's why we all need to email/call Walmart and voice our disapproval. If even a fraction of the American gun owners did this, Walmart would soon be singing a different tune.

I choose to support my husband on this issue. We've not shopped at Walmart for a long time for a myriad of reasons. By joining with MAIG, Walmart now stands in direct opposition of what this forum is all about. You know that MAIG will not just stop at "assault" rifles. They want to see all citizens disarmed.

Why would you want to shop at Walmart and not the local gun shops? By shopping at our local gun shops, we are keeping the money here in Nevada and we are supporting the second amendment. By shopping at Walmart, you are basically sending your money to MAIG. Also by joining with mayors, they are also "buying" political influence. When they build a new store, who gives the permits, etc. that they'll need.....the mayors and city councils. Please people, look beyond your convenience and see the big picture.

For all other goods, try shopping at Winco. Their prices are usually better and they are also gun friendly.

Stephanie
big guys wife

davidmcbeth

Banned

And all the gun violence disappeared....

Why punish? That's not the question to ask ... the question is why not? I see no reason not to.

mbogo470

I cannot find a press release issued by Wal-Mart on this topic, only the MAIG-issued item.

mbogo

The Big Guy

I cannot find a press release issued by Wal-Mart on this topic, only the MAIG-issued item.

mbogo

Being it goes back 5 years it does not surprise me.

It was reported on another forum that the MAIG bus was parked in the Wally parking lot Sunset/Marks yesterday.

TBG

bigguyswife

The milk is fresher at Walmart than at the nearest gun shop. Walmart is also about 8 miles closer.

I guess the real question is: Do you want convenience or your rights? My guess is that it will only be a matter of time before Walmart cowtows to the political pressure and stops selling guns and ammunition. K-mart did. Even Dick's stopped selling automatic rifles.

Stephanie in NV

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... it will only be a matter of time before Walmart cowtows to the political pressure and stops selling guns and ammunition. K-mart did. ...

I believe this to be true. K-Mart owned Sports Authority, too, and that was a great place to get guns until they just stopped selling them. I worked their gun counter back when they did guns. That was right after I got out of the Navy.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I guess the real question is: Do you want convenience or your rights? My guess is that it will only be a matter of time before Walmart cowtows to the political pressure and stops selling guns and ammunition. K-mart did. Even Dick's stopped selling automatic rifles.

Stephanie in NV

Please make up your mind -- should I buy guns and ammo at the local gun shop, or should it matter to me if Walmart stops selling guns and ammo . . ? ;)

As I said earlier, so far I haven't seen any sign that they're doing this. If that day arrives, I'll deal with it then. Until that day, I can OC and Walmart and Sam's Club, which is something that I can't do at Costco.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I think Kmart had financial issues, didn't the almost go out of business? That could have had more to do with them dropping the firearms than "pressure" if walmart is making money great. that is what the USA is all about right.

bigguyswife

Please make up your mind -- should I buy guns and ammo at the local gun shop, or should it matter to me if Walmart stops selling guns and ammo . . ? ;)

I have made up my mind...I'm not shopping at Walmart. Yes they are open carry friendly-for now. With enough pressure from the groups like MAIG, they'll cave.

There are many other place besides Costco to shop. All the grocery stores especially Winco allow open carry.

As for the comment about Kmart-they quit selling guns long before their financial issues. If memory serves, it was Rosie O'Donnell who started the boycott against Kmart. It only took them days to succomb to the pressure.

All I'm saying is if you want to shop at Wal-mart fine, shop there but at least let them know that you aren't happy with the new policy and that you'll be looking at other places to buy some of your necessities. If enough gun owners called/emailed them they would drop the new policy but your money speaks alot louder than your mouth.

Stephanie
big guys wife.