Thread: Hi I'm 18 and I have a Hi point Model 995 Carbine rifle how do I get ammo for it.

Hi I'm 18 and I have a Hi point Model 995 Carbine rifle how do I get ammo for it.

The rifle takes 9mm ammo I would get someone to buy the ammo for me but I live by my self and I don't know any one hear in GA all my family and friends are up north.I wish I could go to Walmart and buy it but You have to be 21

In his/her other posts, s/he asks about shotgun shells and how to buy .22 ammo,
    says s/he isn't yet 17, wants to buy a pistol on turning 18, then says s/he is 18 (all posts were made on the same day),
    says s/he doesn't want a rifle, only a pistol, then in this post says s/he has a rifle.

I think this is a LE troll trying to find people advocating illegal actions.
    Good thing we don't do that here.

***** my original post *****

You have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo.
    Since you're buying it for a rifle, it's legal.
    (No, the laws don't make any sense.)

If it's WM policy not to sell to adults under 21, that's their problem, but it's not the law & they shouldn't be blaming their bad policy on the law.
    Go to a dealer or sports store where people know the laws.
    Maybe take along a picture of you with your rifle?

Or make friends with someone & trade things of value - do him/her some service & s/he buys you the ammo.
    Or get a gift from a friend or relative.

How about going to wherever/whoever you bought the rifle from?
    Last edited by MKEgal; 08-12-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius Will View Post
    The rifle takes 9mm ammo I would get someone to buy the ammo for me but I live by my self and I don't know any one hear in GA all my family and friends are up north.I wish I could go to Walmart and buy it but You have to be 21
    Welcome to OCDO!

Follow the advice of taking a picture, and explain you have a rifle. If you can find ammo to begin with in Walmart. You don't have to be 21 to buy components though and reloading equipment, though it is like pulling teeth to find them also.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Welcome to OCDO!

Follow the advice of taking a picture, and explain you have a rifle. If you can find ammo to begin with in Walmart. You don't have to be 21 to buy components though and reloading equipment, though it is like pulling teeth to find them also.
    Can I buy the brass and tip to make my own bullets

You can buy everything online, or local. Though there is hazmat charges on powder and primers. That is best to buy local.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Most bullets use copper, very few use brass. The ones that utilize brass are usually more specialized and very expensive.

To make any metal jacketed bullet you would need a swaging die. They can be very costly ($1000) and isn't a fast process. Ammunition that utilize ballistic tips are swaged also, though this process is more involved. So I would suggest only making lead ammunition.

To make your own bullets you only need the moulds, a source of high heat, a container to melt your material in (can be included with your heat source) and the material you wish to use to make your ammo. This is usually lead, commonly wheel weights. You can use brass but you may need to use a sizing die afterwards, I do not know.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Sorry that went right over my head, thanks O9.

You can cast with the right mold and then add gas checks with a sizing mold. Gas checked perform well. Lee sells both the molds and the sizing dies to install the gas checks. They do not sell gas checks though.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump