• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi I'm 18 and I have a Hi point Model 995 Carbine rifle how do I get ammo for it.

Demetrius Will

The rifle takes 9mm ammo I would get someone to buy the ammo for me but I live by my self and I don't know any one hear in GA all my family and friends are up north.I wish I could go to Walmart and buy it but You have to be 21

MKEgal

In his/her other posts, s/he asks about shotgun shells and how to buy .22 ammo,
says s/he isn't yet 17, wants to buy a pistol on turning 18, then says s/he is 18 (all posts were made on the same day),
says s/he doesn't want a rifle, only a pistol, then in this post says s/he has a rifle.

I think this is a LE troll trying to find people advocating illegal actions.
Good thing we don't do that here.

***** my original post *****

You have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo.
Since you're buying it for a rifle, it's legal.
(No, the laws don't make any sense.)

If it's WM policy not to sell to adults under 21, that's their problem, but it's not the law & they shouldn't be blaming their bad policy on the law.
Go to a dealer or sports store where people know the laws.
Maybe take along a picture of you with your rifle?

Or make friends with someone & trade things of value - do him/her some service & s/he buys you the ammo.
Or get a gift from a friend or relative.

How about going to wherever/whoever you bought the rifle from?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

The rifle takes 9mm ammo I would get someone to buy the ammo for me but I live by my self and I don't know any one hear in GA all my family and friends are up north.I wish I could go to Walmart and buy it but You have to be 21

Welcome to OCDO!

Follow the advice of taking a picture, and explain you have a rifle. If you can find ammo to begin with in Walmart. You don't have to be 21 to buy components though and reloading equipment, though it is like pulling teeth to find them also.

Demetrius Will

Welcome to OCDO!

Follow the advice of taking a picture, and explain you have a rifle. If you can find ammo to begin with in Walmart. You don't have to be 21 to buy components though and reloading equipment, though it is like pulling teeth to find them also.

Can I buy the brass and tip to make my own bullets

09jisaac

Most bullets use copper, very few use brass. The ones that utilize brass are usually more specialized and very expensive.

To make any metal jacketed bullet you would need a swaging die. They can be very costly ($1000) and isn't a fast process. Ammunition that utilize ballistic tips are swaged also, though this process is more involved. So I would suggest only making lead ammunition.

To make your own bullets you only need the moulds, a source of high heat, a container to melt your material in (can be included with your heat source) and the material you wish to use to make your ammo. This is usually lead, commonly wheel weights. You can use brass but you may need to use a sizing die afterwards, I do not know.

WalkingWolf

Sorry that went right over my head, thanks O9.

You can cast with the right mold and then add gas checks with a sizing mold. Gas checked perform well. Lee sells both the molds and the sizing dies to install the gas checks. They do not sell gas checks though.