• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart, Blue Springs, MO

JEStucker

While limping through on my crutches (I needed out of the house) I was in the sporting goods section and noticed 4, yes 4, AR-15's in the case, cheapest was $897, highest was $1197. They also had Winchester .223 and 5.56mm in 20rd boxes. No 9mm on the shelves, some .22LR (50rd boxes, no bulk) and .40SW, plus several different varieties of .45acp...

Looks like the turn around is finally starting to show on this side of the state.

Thunderstorm

North belt wal- mart in st joe has several ar's to over the last few weeks around the same price but they still dont have hardly any ammo at all they dont even have the 100 rd boxes of 12 ga shells

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah we have four models at ours and a .22 model as well, however, no ammo at all in common cals.

Oramac

I'm starting to see AR's pop up every now and again. They're never less than $850, usually $1k+. Still can't find any stinkin ammo though.

Redbaron007

I stopped by Bass Pro here in Springfield Friday night. Their cabinets were full of just about any handgun you wanted. Plus they had at least a half dozen of ARs, not including the 22LR variants, out on display. Ammo was a little short. They had 4/5 cases of 9mm ammo on the shelves, just about every other caliber was missing...except some 45s and some 22LRs (maybe 6 boxes {100 rounds ea} of CCI).

Went by Walmart yesterday...they had 9mm and some other calibers, no 22lrs. They had three different ARs, not including the 22lr variants, sitting on display.....the counter lady said they had 6 more in the back.

Redbaron007

If you are asking my experience.....Bass Pro is always at MSRP; I didn't check BPS's prices. Walmart's ARs were from about $849 up to $1149 or so depending on the manufacturer. I think it was a Colt that was $1149.

Ammo at BPS is always higher than WM...WM has gone up a couple of bucks on just about all ammo per box...at least in our neck of the woods.

attrapereves

Last time I was in one of the WalMarts in Columbia, they had a good selection of 9mm, 40, and 45. I believe they had the yellow 250rnd boxes. Bass Pro has a ton of handguns, but very little handgun ammo. I believe the only thing they really had was weird calibers, some 38SPL, and a few boxes of 40SW.

NeoShade

Rolla had 2 different models of AR and 22 AR models.

St Robert had 6 AR, 2 MP22, and 2 tactical mossberg 500 shotguns. I asked how many AR's he had, and he said they had 40 or so more in the vault!